Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC power down feature (Read 3272 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC power down feature

This is probably incredibly stupid, but I can't find out how to fix this. I've probably used EAC a thousand times, but...

Somehow I've activated the 'power down' feature which shuts down the computer after extraction (though I'm confused as to how this happened), and I haven't been able turn it off.

In EAC > EAC Options > General I'm given two alternatives, 'Power down computer' or 'Restart computer' when the 'Power Down feature' is activated, but how do I disable the 'Power Down feature'.

Another mysterious thing: allthough the box 'Beep after extraction finished' is unchecked, my computer always makes a beep when the extraction is finished...

I apologize if the solution is all too obvious!

EAC power down feature

Reply #1
Sounds like you need to format, but you could try when your extracting make sure “shutdown computer after extraction” isn’t ticked. If the problem is still present you could try deleting EAC registry entry’s.

EAC power down feature

Reply #2
Well, the problem is that EAC only lets me choose between 'Power down computer' and 'Restart computer'. The option of not having any of them doesn't exist, because EAC applies my choice "when using the Power Down feature".

I want to disable the 'Power down feature' completely, but there is no checkbox for that in the General Settings menu. (It must of course be there somewhere, but I can't find it)

EAC power down feature

Reply #3
In EAC > EAC Options > General I'm given two alternatives, 'Power down computer' or 'Restart computer' when the 'Power Down feature' is activated, but how do I disable the 'Power Down feature'.

If i remember correctly it's in the pop-up window when you extract at the bottom on the left. You can only disable/enable it during the extraction process!
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)

EAC power down feature

Reply #4
You can only disable/enable it during the extraction process!

Oh, that figures! Thanks! (Now I see what westgroveg meant, too)