Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: which AAC encoder (Read 4141 times) previous topic - next topic

which AAC encoder

Hi,
I happen to have Nero 5.5.10.20 and that is what i use for occassional encoding tool for mp3PRO and AAC (though vorbis is my prefered codec  ) The Psytel and FAAC encoders are available on rarewares. Which of these three (Nero, Psytel and FAAC) gives the best output.

PS: I don't use quicktime

which AAC encoder

Reply #1
IMO if you don't want to use QuickTime then the best solution for you is encoder included in Nero. It has good support, people which work on this codec (menno and Ivan) are very often here on this forum, so you can post here if you have any problems. Also Nero encoder has variable bitrate mode and SBR implemented, which makes it a great encoder especially for low bitrates.

which AAC encoder

Reply #2
nero's encoder its the succesor to the psytell encoder.
and FAAC was never really consider hgigh qualityencoder compared to psytell (sorry meno)
Menno was more the decoder guy, and Ivan (the man behind psytelle and now work for nero) focused on encoder.

So it seem logical that nero shoudl be thebest of these 3. lates cbr test show the same but quciktime's CBR aac encoder was better then them all...but lacks VBR.

a VBR test will be conducted in the start of the new year by rjamorin.
so if you want to be 100% shure... wait and se the results
Sven Bent - Denmark

which AAC encoder

Reply #4
I like Nero's AAC encoder, but at high bitrates I prefer to use FAAC (via foobar2000) because it's faster, and replaygain is integrated.  At low bitrates, use Nero's HC-AAC codec.  AAC is nice if you're encoding movies and want to spend more on the video and less on the sound - I use MPEG4IP to create my MP4 videos.
OGG is nice if you're creating OGM, or if you have all day to encode things and want the best quality.  In my estimation, OGG is equivalent to AAC at higher bitrates.  My favourite feature of OGG is that re-encoding to lower bitrates (ie, for your iRiver) is easy and fast thanks to bitrate peeling .. your artifacts won't be preserved and magnified by the recoding process, unlike MP3 (and AAC too, I think).

which AAC encoder

Reply #5
Hi,
I happen to have Nero 5.5.10.20 and that is what i use for occassional encoding tool for mp3PRO and AAC (though vorbis is my prefered codec   ) The Psytel and FAAC encoders are available on rarewares. Which of these three (Nero, Psytel and FAAC) gives the best output.

PS: I don't use quicktime

Try Nero AAC Codec 2.6.1.1
My sound hardware: Creative's Audigy 2 ;)
My music encodings: Nero AAC Codec 2.6.2.0 Profiles:Transparent,Extreme

which AAC encoder

Reply #6
My favourite feature of OGG is that re-encoding to lower bitrates (ie, for your iRiver) is easy and fast thanks to bitrate peeling .. your artifacts won't be preserved and magnified by the recoding process, unlike MP3 (and AAC too, I think).

I doubt that iRiver bundled their players with a peeling application. Should be reecoding, but I'm maybe wrong. And I' like to listen to peeled performance. The last vorbis peeled files I listened to were absolutely crap.

Is there a link for downloading the peeling app ?