Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_covers - locates your images on disk (Read 117196 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_covers - locates your images on disk

Reply #100
can this plugin help me point to album art that's in  a subfolder of the main album folder?  i keep my album art in a folder called *band* - Album Art.

how could i use this plugin to have foobar look within subfolders for art?

i have this exact question on a thread of it's own, but so far i havent been able to figure it out.

thanks!

Reply #101
Not all: it doesn't support wildcard for filepath.

That's so bad...
You could rename the file name of foo_covers.dll to get rid of the warning.

Reply #102
are you understand he write ? :|

Reply #103

I believe foo_covers 0.5 still works in 1.0. The only different thing in 1.0 is the warning on startup as someone said.
Any chance for an updated version that would remove the nagging warning when using it with 1.0 beta?

And I tried changing the version number of foo_covers, but it can not bypass the warning. It seems 1.0 checks it by the name "foo_covers".

Reply #104
can this plugin help me point to album art that's in  a subfolder of the main album folder?  i keep my album art in a folder called *band* - Album Art.

Hi chrome_waves,
I had the same with my music-database: all covers-pics of an album are in a subfolder of every folder-album named 'Cover'.
Try this (I hope it will work for You):
Code: [Select]
|Album Art\Front.*

Regards
Miltiades

Reply #105
Miltiades, thanks for your reply - no, it didnt work for me as you typed it.

my album art, is always in a subfolder of the album. the folder with the album art, sometimes the name varies a litte, but it always ends in 'album art'
i wonder if there's a way just to have foobar look for a subfolder with a name that ends in 'album art' 

this would save me alot of trouble, because i find i'm having to go and change the name of the album art folders - something thats not fun with 200 gigs of audio files ;(

how about wild cards, what are some possible wild cards? anyone know? maybe an ability to specify a partial name of a subfolder?

i know you guys have been through this before, share the knowledge

Moderation: Removed unnecessary full quote of the preceding post.

Reply #106
my album art, is always in a subfolder of the album. the folder with the album art, sometimes the name varies a litte, but it always ends in 'album art'
i wonder if there's a way just to have foobar look for a subfolder with a name that ends in 'album art'

Try...
|*Album Art/*
|*/*Album Art/*

but this syntax won't work in the foobar2000 1.0 built-in album art reader.

Reply #107
jackie, thanks for your reply - i pasted it as you gave it, it didnt work (foobar 1.0 with your plugin)

was i supposed to put anything before it? what does the |  do, and where can i learn more about the syntax?

do me a small favor - look at this screenshot - if it were you, what syntax would you use to have foobar look into the album art folder to get the artwork?
note that i named the main folder "deluxe edition", but that doesnt appear anywhere in the tags, i just named it that for my own convenience.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/p...obar2k/fcov.jpg

and thank you for your time!

Reply #108
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/p...obar2k/fcov.jpg

The path is relative to the directory that contains the "media file". So in this case the album art directory is not a subdirectory of you album (media files) as you said.
Try this instead ...
|..\*Album Art\*

oops...
In my previous post I used slashes '/', which is wrong. They should be backslashes '\'. 

Reply #109

I believe foo_covers 0.5 still works in 1.0. The only different thing in 1.0 is the warning on startup as someone said.
Any chance for an updated version that would remove the nagging warning when using it with 1.0 beta?

And I tried changing the version number of foo_covers, but it can not bypass the warning. It seems 1.0 checks it by the name "foo_covers".

the warning is very anoying....any solution?

Reply #110
the warning is very anoying....any solution?

I got rid of the warning by just changing the name of the component to something other than foo_covers.dll.
Give that a try

Reply #112
The rename trick works, thanks!
BUT remember to write down your settings first, because renaming the plugin will cause the settings dialog to reset to its defaults.
Until Foobar fixes the wildcard matching, and PrettyPopup integrates with Foobar 1.0 properly, I'm keeping this component around

Reply #113
The rename trick works, thanks!
BUT remember to write down your settings first, because renaming the plugin will cause the settings dialog to reset to its defaults.

You can rename the configuration file as well.

Reply #114
I'm using foo_uie_biography to download album arts to foobar2000\lastfm\album\, named %artist%-%album%.*, so I tried this but didn't work:

%foobar2000_profile%\lastfm\album\%artist%-%album%.*

so I replaced with absoluted path but didn't work neither:

D:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\lastfm\album\%artist%-%album%.*

Reply #115
Is your plugin working with CUI`s NGPlaylist\Artwork View (v. 0.3.8.3)?
And where your got the %foobar2000_profile% variable on the screenshot?

Reply #116
Hi all!

I have some troubles: my covers always located in folder with music files.
How I can show image for no cover albums? (Such as "Image to display when no album art can be found" in foobar2000 0.9.*)

Thanks.

Reply #117
Hello.

I have a question when using foo_covers.

I have my music sorted F:\Music\Artist\Album

Using this to grab the artist-image: 'F:\Music\'$replace(%artist%,.,)'\artist.jpg'

I have several artist images named artist_01, artist_02... and I wonder if I can somehow make foo_covers grab them in order or random

Reply #118
Unless I'm missing it, there's nowhere to put %albumart_icon% in the new DUI settings... guess the ability to customize that one's gone?

Reply #119
There is some request.

Please add TF function that counting found image.(e.g. %albumart_artist_count%)
Please add TF function that get specific number image.(e.g. %album_artist_2%)
not all line. these function use when * useing per line.

Reply #120
Thanx JackieKu for this, it does what i've expected for a long time : returning path in TF variable, so useful (ELPlaylist, Chronflow, Graphical Browser, PSS, ...)

it's perfect!

Reply #121
Can anybody post a link to a copy of foo_covers?
The link in first page seams to be dead.
thx

Reply #122
Can anybody post a link to a copy of foo_covers?
The link in first page seams to be dead.
thx
Not needed, link in first page is ok now.

Reply #123
There seem to be a couple of problems with this. The first is invalid characters such as ':' and '?', it would be nice if they were converted using the same replacements which the file operations component uses. The second is foobar2000 freezing when searching for "%albumart_front% MISSING". I guess this could be because of the large number of files to check, but adding %albumart_front% as a column shows everything without a problem so I'm not sure.