Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ITUNNORM SoundCheck Tag? / fb2k 1.1.8 b6 (Read 2195 times) previous topic - next topic

ITUNNORM SoundCheck Tag? / fb2k 1.1.8 b6

I would like to be able to see if any of my mp3 or mp4 files have been tagged in iTunes with SoundCheck data.  This used to show up in the comment field in fb2k, but it looks like the improvements to tag handling with 1.1.7 did away with that (which is good).  I can see it in mp3tag by creating a custom tag at %COMMENT ITUNNORM%; is there are similar trick in fb2k?  I would ultimately like to create a ColumnsUI filter to show me files that have had this tag applied by iTunes.

FWIW I have also tried $meta(COMMENT ITUNNORM) with no success.

Any ideas if this is possible or part of the future roadmap?

ITUNNORM SoundCheck Tag? / fb2k 1.1.8 b6

Reply #1
I'm not quite sure, if it helps, but you can generate standard Metadata fields for your personal use at the advanced preferences dialog. Got to Preferences -> Advanced Preferences -> Display -> Properities dialog. Add the tag you wish in the standard fields and then it will be done. For your problem, you'll have to add at the end of the line: Soundcheck=COMMENT ITUNNORM

I've added with this feature the lyrics tag and some other useful tags (e.g. a location tag for displaying the location of a live recording).

Hope this helps!

regards,
White_Shadow