Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for mp3 song previewer program (Read 3297 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for mp3 song previewer program

I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have around 2 terabytes of mp3's.  Somehow a lot of the files (random ones) got messed up.  Some of the mp3 files play a different part of another song, then the correct part.  I need to find these messed up songs and re-download them.  But I have way too many songs to go through one-by-one to see if they are messed up.

So I am trying to find a program that will allow me to preview multiple mp3 songs (like 30 seconds or less).  The same type of program that Amazon or iTunes use when you go to their stores and preview albums.  They allow you to listen to 30 seconds of each song on that album.

I have looked everywhere and cannot find one.  If anyone out there knows where I can purchase or download for free this type of program, I would appreciate the advice.

Thank you!

Reply #1
a. I'am pretty sure foobar had that somewhere..., together with waveform visualization that would be a winner.
b. If you are not on win, then anything with waveform visualization should work (audacity perhaps).
c. some scripting could solve that ...
(a loop of some sort around
Code: [Select]
showaveform song.mp3
mplayer -endpos 00:00:30 song.mp3
)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
Thanks a lot Smok3!!  Foobar had a plugin called foo seek that does exactly what I was looking for!!  Great to get help when you need it.  I will definitely let others know of this forum!!  Thanks again

Reply #3
I will definitely let others know of this forum!!

oh, don't, they will come here and ask questions then ....
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #4
For the reference not necessarily of you* but of anyone whose downloads are not legitimately sourced and whose “others” might also want help to manage such collections,  I hereby echo smok3’s probably jocular request in complete seriousness.

* i.e. this is a general musing, so please refrain from exploding with righteous indignation if it doesn’t apply, and it’s been worth saying if it does