Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Command line switches question - (Read 1641 times) previous topic - next topic

Command line switches question -

I tried to tune compression options beyond built-in presets in foobar, using command line switches - like in EAC. But after several tries I'm not sure weather some options really work. I am confused weather it can be dependant on the order of command line switches?. Does order of them matter? I mean - is it possible, that putting some switch after another one can disable the one that is latter (effectively exclude it from processing options)? For example - does matter if "--sector-align" option in FLAC is the last one (after all "-T" switches for tags) or before them? Does it matter if "-V" (verification) switch is before or after compression parameters (like "-8", "-A")? I tried to read FLAC documentation but I see there only general explanations of all switches, but no info about revelance of their order.  Any help will be appreciated.

Command line switches question -

Reply #1
I find it more apt to close this repost and move the original to General Audio, as you could have requested from staff before.