Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opinions of Sony Media Software (Read 2528 times) previous topic - next topic

Opinions of Sony Media Software

Hello all,
    I am currently using all Sony Media Software products at work, such as Vegas, Soundforge, DVD Architect, etc. We are reviewing our software, and I was wondering if there was any significant reason to move to somethig else. It seems that, if you know your software, there is no real reason to move to another one. That's my opinion, anyway. From all of the "official" reviews I have read, Adobe Audition, Cubase, Sonar, and the rest are all pretty much on par with one another. They each have their own strengnths and weaknesses, but there is no clear winner.

But doubts linger.

So I thought I'd shoot this question out  and see what actual users say, and not just listen to the reviewers...

JF

Reply #1
If you are quite happy with what you are using, then why change? You'll have to get up to speed again with new software, and that will take some time.

For instance, I settled on Adobe Audition (nee CoolEdit Pro) a long time ago, and never looks back. I know that SoundForge now is roughly on a par, but Audition serves my needs well, and I am not looking forward to retraining myself on SoundForge.

Heck, I am on a productivity binge/spree now, to change over would be equivalent to committing suicide, career-wise.

Reply #2
If you are quite happy with what you are using, then why change? You'll have to get up to speed again with new software, and that will take some time.

For instance, I settled on Adobe Audition (nee CoolEdit Pro) a long time ago, and never looks back. I know that SoundForge now is roughly on a par, but Audition serves my needs well, and I am not looking forward to retraining myself on SoundForge.

Heck, I am on a productivity binge/spree now, to change over would be equivalent to committing suicide, career-wise.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371385"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL
Exactly what I was thinking. I tried to switch to Audition when I first took this job. I found that I was having a hard time learning the GUI, so I ended up going back to Sound Forge. There was really no discernable difference in quality, so it was a matter of productivity for me.

It sounds like that is where the decision needs to be made. How am I most productive?

Thanks for the reply!

JF

Reply #3
well, whats your vegas pipeline?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung