Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1627655 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1650
Guys, need some help here, quite new at this. Using foobar2000 on my pc to see the music stored on my NAS (no problem). then using upnp to stream it to my Oppo BDP-105.
Setup all ok, seeing the Oppo from foobar, selecting playback stream capture, then Oppo has screen with neverending wheel saying 'buffering' and never actually plays any music...
Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong ?

Btw, from the oppo I can see

foo_upnp

Reply #1651
Guys, need some help here, quite new at this. Using foobar2000 on my pc to see the music stored on my NAS (no problem). then using upnp to stream it to my Oppo BDP-105.
Setup all ok, seeing the Oppo from foobar, selecting playback stream capture, then Oppo has screen with neverending wheel saying 'buffering' and never actually plays any music...
Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong ?

Btw, from the oppo I can see

Actually IT WORKS (after a restart of the Oppo). BUT the playback stream capture can only be streamed in LPCM (anybody knows why?)

foo_upnp

Reply #1652
bubbleguum,

I haven't tried this plugin recently due to the issues that I'd been having with the PS3, but for whatever reason I decided to give it a shot today. I'm using the newest (9.6.8) release of Foobar and the most recent release (.99.6) of the plugin. I am using the Playstation 3 preset on the plugin. My PS3 seems to connect to the server just fine, but when I go to playlists and select one of my playlists (all of which appear as they should), the PS3 spends a long time working, then says that there are no titles. The same thing happens when I go to albums on the PS3. Before, I could at least view the music and attempt to play it, but with some skipping when streaming PCM. Transcoding to MP3 yielded an unsupported format error on the PS3. I know that last I'd seen, you didn't have a PS3 to troubleshoot on, but just wondered if you had an idea of what was going on.

Thanks!
Rick

It is likely I introduced some regressions at 0.99.4 (or maybe earlier) concerning the PS3. The fact that I don't have a PS3 to test doesn't help...

Try 0.99.3 here and tell me if it works better: http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/foo_upnp/0.99.3/foo_upnp.dll

I am having the same problem as dr_rick and was curious if you have a copy of 0.99.3 I could try. additionally the original dl link on the component page doesnt link to a .dll file it seems

foo_upnp

Reply #1653
I'm having a problem with foo_upnp and UPnPlay (on android) that I can't figure out. Even made this new account since I can't seem to login to my old one (haven't been around for ages, sorry  ). Any help is appreciated.
The problem is I can't listen to FLAC files via UPnPlay on a tablet but mp3's work just fine. The odd thing is I tried BubbleUPnP on the same tablet and that works just fine. Reinstalled foobar (1.1.8) and checked for updated plugin (0.99.40). I tried making the default stream profile the same as the BubbleUPnP one to no avail. Nothing seems to work while I know the combination has worked before. It looks to me like it is a stream profile issue where FLAC's are not decoded & streamed, but i do not see any errors i the (debug) console. I must be missing something obvious but don't see it.

Also (minor issue): when foobar is already running at UPnPlay startup, it is not recognized as library/device. On restarting foobar it is immediately.

foo_upnp

Reply #1654
Hi there, great plugin! :-D

Playback streaming via UPnP works perfect between foobar instances. But now, I'm trying to set up the 'internet access' feature.
However, when I enter my URL
http://user:pass@192.168.11.10:56923/content/psc.wav

into VLC or my Squeezebox radio, it gives a 404 error. Streaming is set to always decode playback to wav for the default profile, and also, if I open the url in Firefox, some kind of Quicktime player/icon opens, but no stream is actually played. I also tried .mp3 and .lpcm without success. Navigating to '/content' gives an empty page, so the server delivers something, but the PSC stream doesn't work.
This is foobar 1.1.16 and foo_upnp 0.99.41.

Any help would be very appreciated! 

foo_upnp

Reply #1655
I'm having a problem with foo_upnp and UPnPlay (on android) that I can't figure out. Even made this new account since I can't seem to login to my old one (haven't been around for ages, sorry  ). Any help is appreciated.
The problem is I can't listen to FLAC files via UPnPlay on a tablet but mp3's work just fine. The odd thing is I tried BubbleUPnP on the same tablet and that works just fine. Reinstalled foobar (1.1.8) and checked for updated plugin (0.99.40). I tried making the default stream profile the same as the BubbleUPnP one to no avail. Nothing seems to work while I know the combination has worked before. It looks to me like it is a stream profile issue where FLAC's are not decoded & streamed, but i do not see any errors i the (debug) console. I must be missing something obvious but don't see it.

I've just checked and it worked on my Nexus7. UPnPlay uses the default profile which unmodified will transcode FLAC to WAV. Maybe your tablet has problems playing WAV.
Even if excluding FLAC to be decoded as WAV in the default profile, UPnPlay still pick up the compat WAV stream over the FLAC one for whatever reason (probably because it considers WAV to be better than FLAC).
So it doesn't seem possible to stream straight unmodified FLAC to UPnPlay, unless I add an option to not add compat WAV and LPCM stream URLs, which I've added for the next version.

Also (minor issue): when foobar is already running at UPnPlay startup, it is not recognized as library/device. On restarting foobar it is immediately.

I cannot reproduce this

foo_upnp

Reply #1656
Hi there, great plugin! :-D

Playback streaming via UPnP works perfect between foobar instances. But now, I'm trying to set up the 'internet access' feature.
However, when I enter my URL
http://user:pass@192.168.11.10:56923/content/psc.wav

into VLC or my Squeezebox radio, it gives a 404 error. Streaming is set to always decode playback to wav for the default profile, and also, if I open the url in Firefox, some kind of Quicktime player/icon opens, but no stream is actually played. I also tried .mp3 and .lpcm without success. Navigating to '/content' gives an empty page, so the server delivers something, but the PSC stream doesn't work.
This is foobar 1.1.16 and foo_upnp 0.99.41.

Any help would be very appreciated! 

Do you want to access the PSC stream for playing on the LAN or the Internet ?
There is a bug (fixed in next version) that prevents the PSC stream URL to work (it will give a 404) if the server is restarted (it is automatically restarted when changing its settings) and you try to play the PSC stream afterwards. So make sure to restart foobar before playing the PSC stream if you change server settings.
Also you do not need user:pass  in the URL, when playing on the LAN.
Seems obvious but for the PSC stream to play anything in the client you use (VLC, ...), foobar must be playing some audio.

foo_upnp

Reply #1657
Excellent! With that in mind, restarting foobar and not touching the settings, it now works across all LAN clients!

Many thanks, you just made a 90s party more awesome with one more multiroom client

foo_upnp

Reply #1658
I try to use this plug-in with my Onkyo PR-SC5509. Works almost fine. The problems are:
  • Album artwork is never shown.
  • Gapless streaming does not work.

Gapless is shown under the renderer properties, but the playback stops after the first track. I tried to direct the playback from this plug-in to the AV processor using your BubbleUPnP on Android, and foobar2000 crashed in your plug-in near the end of the first track played. So, even if Onkyo would be considered buggy, the plug-in is also not that perfect... I just hope that you could sort the problems out because I can't believe Onkyo would fix its firmware

By the way: there is an Android application to control Onkyo devices, official and 3rd party. So, you could try to implement something special for it, e.g. to switch it to the NET input for UPnP playback. Haven't you implemented something special for Lynn?  Why not for Onkyo then?

When Onkyo pulls the tracks from your controller (i.e. I select tracks from its interface for playing), all works OK, apart from missing album arts, and gaps between tracks. Though I understand that gapless playback is possible only in controller push mode.

Playback of the captured stream works fine and, of course, gapless, but I want to be able to control playback without touching the PC.

In general, thanks a lot for this plug-in and keep this work! Combined with BubbleUPnP, it looks very promising... if it would work as expected.

foo_upnp

Reply #1659
Thanks bubbleguuum for the great plugin. I have questions about its usage (maybe some power users know the answers that I don't).
My setup: all music on a NAS, renderer OPPO BDP-105 ;foobar2000 on the PC, iPad2 remote.
Questions:
-is there any other way to send the music to the renderer apart from the 'Stream Capture"? Ideally I think the plugin should allow to override the output of foobar2000 to the specified renderer (Preference->Playback->Output->Device), which would then allow to use the iPad apple Remote program to control the music sent to the renderer (otherwise the ipad only controls the music played by foobar2000 on the local pc or on the selected sound output, not on the renderer...)
-is there a way to add random play within  the uPnP renderer playlist? This could also be solved if the uPnP streaming could be selected as default sound output for foobar2000

Thank you!

foo_upnp

Reply #1660
Using your plug-in, I'm able to stream my media library to my Pioneer BDP-450 Universal Player. However, I've run into a limitation that, for example JRiver Media Center doesn't have: Each list is limited to 111 entries. My library is much bigger than that so most list show only a fraction of what I have. Possibly a bug.

foo_upnp

Reply #1661
Using your plug-in, I'm able to stream my media library to my Pioneer BDP-450 Universal Player. However, I've run into a limitation that, for example JRiver Media Center doesn't have: Each list is limited to 111 entries. My library is much bigger than that so most list show only a fraction of what I have. Possibly a bug.

What list ?

foo_upnp

Reply #1662
Thanks bubbleguuum for the great plugin. I have questions about its usage (maybe some power users know the answers that I don't).
My setup: all music on a NAS, renderer OPPO BDP-105 ;foobar2000 on the PC, iPad2 remote.
Questions:
-is there any other way to send the music to the renderer apart from the 'Stream Capture"? Ideally I think the plugin should allow to override the output of foobar2000 to the specified renderer (Preference->Playback->Output->Device), which would then allow to use the iPad apple Remote program to control the music sent to the renderer (otherwise the ipad only controls the music played by foobar2000 on the local pc or on the selected sound output, not on the renderer...)
-is there a way to add random play within  the uPnP renderer playlist? This could also be solved if the uPnP streaming could be selected as default sound output for foobar2000

Yes there is another way: using an UPnP Controller app on your iPad from your (UPnP Server ?) NAS and play it to your renderer.
If you want to override the foobar2000 output, foo_out_upnp that has been just released do just that. It's like playback stream capture
but implemented as a foobar2000 output and generally better (if it works with your hardware).

foo_upnp

Reply #1663
I try to use this plug-in with my Onkyo PR-SC5509. Works almost fine. The problems are:
  • Album artwork is never shown.
  • Gapless streaming does not work.

Gapless is shown under the renderer properties, but the playback stops after the first track. I tried to direct the playback from this plug-in to the AV processor using your BubbleUPnP on Android, and foobar2000 crashed in your plug-in near the end of the first track played. So, even if Onkyo would be considered buggy, the plug-in is also not that perfect... I just hope that you could sort the problems out because I can't believe Onkyo would fix its firmware

By the way: there is an Android application to control Onkyo devices, official and 3rd party. So, you could try to implement something special for it, e.g. to switch it to the NET input for UPnP playback. Haven't you implemented something special for Lynn?  Why not for Onkyo then?

When Onkyo pulls the tracks from your controller (i.e. I select tracks from its interface for playing), all works OK, apart from missing album arts, and gaps between tracks. Though I understand that gapless playback is possible only in controller push mode.

Playback of the captured stream works fine and, of course, gapless, but I want to be able to control playback without touching the PC.

In general, thanks a lot for this plug-in and keep this work! Combined with BubbleUPnP, it looks very promising... if it would work as expected.

"gapless" is reported in the renderer properties is not at guarantee *at all* that gapless works. It just says that the renderer bear the command necessary for gapless. It doesn't mean that it is implemented though, just that it it present. I will probably remove reporting "gapless" to avoid confusion.
For the track advance not working problem, make sure to disable "Tools > UPnP > Controller > Enable gapless control...", just in case it gets in the way.

As for album art, you did not mention where it doesn't show. I suppose you meant the Oppo's display but that's...supposition. In any case, "WHAI MY ALBUMS ARTZ NOT SHOWING!!" is a classic with UPnP and it can have 50 different causes.

As for the plugin crashing, I've recently fixed a bug that can rarely cause it to crash.

For controlling (non gaplessly) your Oppo without touching your PC, you can do that with your favorite Android controller app (provided the plugin doesn't crash repeatedly of course).

foo_upnp

Reply #1664
  What list ?

On the renderer, the media library is presented in list form... artists, albums, etc.... each list ist maxxed out at 111 entries on the Pio.

foo_upnp

Reply #1665
Questions:

Yes there is another way: using an UPnP Controller app on your iPad from your (UPnP Server ?) NAS and play it to your renderer.
If you want to override the foobar2000 output, foo_out_upnp that has been just released do just that. It's like playback stream capture
but implemented as a foobar2000 output and generally better (if it works with your hardware).

Thank you for your answer.
The other way you describe with another app wouldn't really suit me, as I find for very large music libraries, the Remote apple app is hard to beat (its search function works the best among all apps I've tried; others *Plug Player...etc) are messy)
but your foo_out_upnp is GREAT NEWS!
I'll try that and revert, that may just be the very best solution for me!

foo_upnp

Reply #1666
Questions:

Thank you for your answer.
The other way you describe with another app wouldn't really suit me, as I find for very large music libraries, the Remote apple app is hard to beat (its search function works the best among all apps I've tried; others *Plug Player...etc) are messy)
but your foo_out_upnp is GREAT NEWS!
I'll try that and revert, that may just be the very best solution for me!

I tried and it doesn't recognise my OPPO... left msg in the decidated forum thread!
But it looks very promising... fingers crossed the next versions will bring increased compatibility!
Thanks and merry Christmas to all

foo_upnp

Reply #1667
foo_upnp 0.99.42 is available (download)

- browser: added ability to play videos .
  To play a video, browse to the files with the UPnP Browser and double-click the video in the UPnP Browser Selection playlist.
  On Windows Vista and higher this will open a popup to select a video player like VLC.
  Note that double clicking will work only in the UPnP Browser Selection playlist. In other playlists, video upnp items
  can still be opened using Context Menu > UPnP Controller > Open...

- browser: when playing tracks from a remote Internet foo_upnp or BubbleUPnP Server, transcode settings can now be overriden
on the client
in Preferences > Tools > UPnP > Browser > Remote Internet Servers.

To work, these settings require foo_upnp 0.99.42+ or any version of BubbleUPnP Server as remote Internet server:

"Override remote server transcode settings": if enabled, client settings are used to override some transcoding settings. Otherwise server settings apply
"Lossless transcode bitrate": Lossless files are transcoded to this bitrate. Lossy files are not affected and it is not possible to override transcode settings for lossy files (eg, server settings apply for these files)
"Video transcoding": Only works with BubbleUPnP Server 0.6.4 (which is not available yet) to specify video transcoding

- controller: fixed several Xbox 360 issues preventing it to be controllable. Playback Stream Capture also works. Known issue: Controller window do not display info for  LPCM streams (including PSC), due to Xbox360 issue.

- browser: added "Reload root" in the context menu of the root node of a Media Server. Reinitialize the root node as it if it was browsed for the first time

- added Preferences > Tools > UPnP > Server > Basic settings > Add WAV and LPCM 44.1/16 compatibility streams.

By default, for each streaming profile there are 3 streaming URLs per item:
the first one correspond to what is specified by the profile
the second and third one are WAV and LPCM 44.1/16 compatibility URLs, which are important if the browsing device is a Control Point playing to a different renderer (ex: Android CP playing to Xbox 360).

If disabled, option "Add WAV and LPCM 44.1/16 compatibility streams" will omit second and third compat URLs.

- browser: fixed autoreconnecting remote server on start not working anymore
- server: fixed search not working if request comes from remote Internet client
- server: fixed Playback Stream Capture not working after a server restart
- server: added UPnPlay profile
- fixed rare random crash

foo_upnp

Reply #1668
0.99.43 is available, fixing a couple of crashes.

foo_upnp

Reply #1669
Im having issues sorting output from foo_upnp_tree.xml  Im using the following bit of code from the foo_upnp changelog ver 0.99.31 as a guide

<SubTree label="Last 4 weeks tracks descending" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"/>
<SubTree label="Last 4 weeks albums" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS">
   <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%[ '['%album artist%']']</spec>
</SubTree>

Im trying to filter a section of my library output for podcasts.  Using the default sorting within foobar the podcasts are ordered backwards with the oldest first, id like to have the newest first.  Below is my original code which works like a charm for filtering out only Podcasts.

<SubTree label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast">
      <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%</spec>
   </SubTree>

Using the bit from the changelog as a guide i can get as far as label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS">  However, when i try and sort i lose podcasts completely on all of my clients making me think something about my context is off.  For clients im using a WD HD Live, Android phone with Bubble UPnP and a remote install of Foobar.  For what its worth here is what im trying including the sort instruction

label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%">

Any help would be much appreciated.

foo_upnp

Reply #1670
Im having issues sorting output from foo_upnp_tree.xml  Im using the following bit of code from the foo_upnp changelog ver 0.99.31 as a guide

<SubTree label="Last 4 weeks tracks descending" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"/>
<SubTree label="Last 4 weeks albums" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS">
   <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%[ '['%album artist%']']</spec>
</SubTree>

Im trying to filter a section of my library output for podcasts.  Using the default sorting within foobar the podcasts are ordered backwards with the oldest first, id like to have the newest first.  Below is my original code which works like a charm for filtering out only Podcasts.

<SubTree label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast">
      <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%</spec>
   </SubTree>

Using the bit from the changelog as a guide i can get as far as label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS">  However, when i try and sort i lose podcasts completely on all of my clients making me think something about my context is off.  For clients im using a WD HD Live, Android phone with Bubble UPnP and a remote install of Foobar.  For what its worth here is what im trying including the sort instruction

label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%">

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try this for the whole SubTree definition:

Code: [Select]
<SubTree label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"/>

The thing being that when there is a sort order specified with SORT in the query, the resulting node will be a list of tracks (here, podcasts) and there is no further splitting possible (if you put <spec> nodes, the SubTree will not appear at all in the browse tree).

foo_upnp

Reply #1671
<SubTree label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"/>

The thing being that when there is a sort order specified with SORT in the query, the resulting node will be a list of tracks (here, podcasts) and there is no further splitting possible (if you put <spec> nodes, the SubTree will not appear at all in the browse tree).

Thank you, that worked.  Is it possible though to sort within a spec such that the podcasts are still broken up by source?

foo_upnp

Reply #1672
no problems so far, i just want to say thanks  i've tried to use my internet wlan radio to stream my music to the audio system (nothing special, it#s called albrecht dr460W from alan electronics and was bought as an internet radio but is also a dlna renderer) and got no success.. first i used windows media player 12, streaming stops after the first track; and accessing the media library from the wlan radio skips in 90% every second track..  then i've tried twonky media, the same issues, skipping tracks and can not stream more than one track to the device.. so it must be a bug with the wlan radio i think. i'm using foobar since a long time but did not know the upnp plugin, i found it by accident when i googled for my problems, and it works perfect, now i can stream my files with a few clicks and listen with my sound system. great.

foo_upnp

Reply #1673
Is it possible though to sort within a spec such that the podcasts are still broken up by source?

No, (hopefully I'm understanding this correctly) because...

To be able to use "spec", you would need to change this:

to this:
<SubTree label="Podcasts" query="genre IS Podcast AND %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS"/>

and use title formatting in your "specs" to achieve the structure and sort that you want.

foo_upnp

Reply #1674
If you want to override the foobar2000 output, foo_out_upnp that has been just released do just that. It's like playback stream capture but implemented as a foobar2000 output and generally better (if it works with your hardware).

Hi bubbleguum, I really love your plug-in which is working very good with my hardware (Denon).
The only issue  that prevents me from switching completely to foobar is that I can not control my streaming with my iPad (in preference with iTunes remote with is a very good interface to control foobar)

I can use the ipad app from my hardware but it's not the same like the remote app.

I tried the foo_out_upnp but it's not working with my hardware. Also I like your transcoding options.

Is there a possibility that you could implement this dlna output as part of your plug-in?