Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Broken oggs crash foobar (Read 2656 times) previous topic - next topic

Broken oggs crash foobar

How come foobar does a complete belly-up when I try to add a headless ogg to the playlist? (i.e. I do a lot of intentional damage to files with a hex editor just to see what happens :P)

I'll understand if ya don't feel like making foobar *play* such messed up files (not sure if that even works with ogg), but I think at the very least it should just reject them rather than going poof.

(I really wish ogg were as resiliant as MP3 that way... you can do all sorts of nasty things to MP3's and the good parts still play, but oggs are so fragile as soon as you chop their heads off.. *sob*)
Death to graphic smilies! :P
(Stupid MSN.. I'll never forgive them for that... it took me 2 years to realise that (Y) was really a thumbs-up -- all this time I thought I was being mooned! --Or eaten by Pacman . . . )

Broken oggs crash foobar

Reply #1
I can't duplicate it.  I chopped the fronts off of several files, chopping various amounts off each, and foobar just refused to play them.

Broken oggs crash foobar

Reply #2
Yeah, a crash.

But anyway,
Why do you want to chop off Vorbis files?
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Broken oggs crash foobar

Reply #3
They may get chopped off if some conditions occur:

1. Transfer error
2. Disk error
3. Hacking with hex-editor 
ruxvilti'a