Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Properties Dialog configuration question (Read 1329 times) previous topic - next topic

Properties Dialog configuration question

Is it possible to make foobar display 2 different fields under one list name entry? I mean is it possible to write down something in "Advanced Preferences/Display/Properties dialog/Standard fields" that will cause that both TOTALTRACKS and TRACKTOTAL will be displayed under one name Total Tracks and this name will be displayed only once? If I just enter "Total Tracks=TRACKTOTAL;Total Tracks=TOTALTRACKS;" I got 2 name entries in Properties dialog, both named "Total Tracks". I want to have only one, but I want it to read from both fields - TOTALTRACKS and TRACKTOTAL. Is it possible? Is any syntax that would allow that in Properties dialog?

Reply #1
edit: oops i completely misread the post. nonsense removed.

Reply #2
Sometimes I see that other software uses different fields names for same thing - like TOTALTRACKS and TRACKTOTAL. If I could bind both fields to one name that would be very convenient  no re-tagging will be required nor messy looking tags will appear...

Reply #3
*sigh* i just removed the content of a 2nd duff post.

i think you'll need to provide more detail on file type/tags because foobar already displays from both  (at least when using flac)

note how in this example i have 2 files tagged differently under metaflac but appear in foobar properties the same.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/2013/march/metaflac.jpg

Reply #4
Sometimes I see that other software uses different fields names for same thing - like TOTALTRACKS and TRACKTOTAL. If I could bind both fields to one name that would be very convenient  no re-tagging will be required nor messy looking tags will appear...

TOTALTRACKS returns the track total (if it is present) regardless of file type. TRACKTOTAL works only for Vorbis and FLAC.