Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 288012 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

Reply #100
React 0.995 Released.

Just fixed a few bugs in the configurations, and added [PORTABLE] config for those who missed that.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342572"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the update. The addition of the WV_MP3 helped me figure out how to configure what I wanted.

I did notice a mistake where the encoder variable is not included on line 1. Also, ImageNaming seems to be ignored unless I cancel the Save dialog and hit F10 again.

I also wondered why the standalone WAVPACK does different steps and uses tag.exe. It runs wavpack and then wavegain with tag but the WV_MP3 config just does wavpack. Is this because of the WaveGainAnalysis=1? It also looks like the WAVPACK config applies APE2 tags. Are they not used in the WV_MP3 config? Thanks again.

Reply #101
Thanks for the update. The addition of the WV_MP3 helped me figure out how to configure what I wanted. I did notice a mistake where the encoder variable is not included on line 1.

I also wondered why the standalone WAVPACK does different steps and uses tag.exe. It runs wavpack and then wavegain with tag but the WV_MP3 config just does wavpack. Is this because of the WaveGainAnalysis=1? Thanks again.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342753"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're welcome. No, the only reason WAVPACK profile uses Tag.exe is that I copied it from the APE profile (which must use Tag.exe). I think both WAVPACK and WV_MP3 should use the encoder tagging (not tag.exe). Thanks for pointing out the missing encoder path, too. I'll make a new update to clean up these things, but I'll give it a little time to see if there are more issues, as these were quite small.

Reply #102
You're welcome. No, the only reason WAVPACK profile uses Tag.exe is that I copied it from the APE profile (which must use Tag.exe). I think both WAVPACK and WV_MP3 should use the encoder tagging (not tag.exe). Thanks for pointing out the missing encoder path, too. I'll make a new update to clean up these things, but I'll give it a little time to see if there are more issues, as these were quite small.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342792"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Also, ImageNaming seems to be ignored unless I cancel the Save dialog and hit F10 again.

Curious. I modified WV_PM3 to create 2 different MP3s but if I try adding the lines from OGG-track it doesn't seem to work. I changed all the destinations but I only get a single tmp file of track 2 in the destination directory.

Reply #103
Okay, v0.996 released. Will leave it to rest for a while now.

- Minor bugfixes and updates in configs (profiles).
- Tried to fix that ImageName scheme didn't always work when hitting F10.
- REACT version number is shown in EAC title line.

REACT is pretty mature now. Everyone who uses EAC could try REACT now. Only a little editing of the INI file (Alt-F2) is required:

Config=<profile>  (FLAC, WAVPACK, APE, LAME, OGG, WV_MP3, or a user defined)
musicdir=<common root destination directory>
destdir1=<destination directory>

Possible:
dest1=<file naming scheme>
Various-dest1=<file naming scheme for Various artists>

Hit F4 (rip tracks) or F10 (rip image), and that's it.

Reply #104
Thanks tycho.

I may be being crap (hey, it's been known) but I can't see the download link - either here or the upload thread.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #105
Strange, because when I clicked edit, the file was uploaded. Just applied it, and now it seems OK.

Have a nice weekend.

Reply #106
Thanks tycho.

I may be being crap (hey, it's been known) but I can't see the download link - either here or the upload thread.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342895"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Neil,

same here BEFORE I reloaded (Shift+Reload) the (thread-)page 

Cya Ryushi

Reply #107
Strange, because when I clicked edit, the file was uploaded. Just applied it, and now it seems OK.

Have a nice weekend.
Yep, it's there now.  Thanks tycho - have a good weekend yourself.

Hi Neil
Hi Ryushi.  Thanks for the confirm.  It's a little disconcerting when people know my real name...    I guess it was from my sig, or maybe my Tag amends...
I'm on a horse.

Reply #108
Just noticed that when using the $track$ (includes leading 0) variable instead of the @track@ (no leading 0) variable in the ape tag temp file, the @islast@ variable does not work correctly, thus encoding will not follow the end of tracks ripped disc when using the $track$ variable for the tag.

Also, glad to see all of the changes - my flac + ogg encodes seem to go much faster.

Reply #109
You know, I was thinking . . . is there a script or a program to search for, allow selection of, and download the album cover that can be integrated into a the .ini file.

Also, it would be nice if a similar script or program could be used to search for, select, and tag a file with information from AMG.

I don't know how many other people might use such a thing, but I currently use The Godfather to do such things.  I know one can pretty much integrate any command-line programs or commands possible, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

Reply #112
Okay, v0.996 released. Will leave it to rest for a while now.

- Tried to fix that ImageName scheme didn't always work when hitting F10.
- REACT version number is shown in EAC title line.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342878"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Neither of these seems to work consistently. ImageName still requires canceling the save dialog at least once and often restarting REACT.

The version only appears at startup. As soon as the disc is ejected this goes away.

Also, I can't get either FLAC or OGG Tracks working; basically I end up with a bunch of temp and wave files. Here's my config but all I really changed was destinations.

Code: [Select]
[FLAC-tracks]
Description=FLAC files with replaygain vorbis tags
destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$cdartist$\$album$
dest1=@destdir1@\[$track$] $title$
Various-dest1=@destdir1@\[$track$] $title$ ($artist$)
1=>echo.> "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
2=>@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
3=>move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"
4=>if @islast@==0 goto end
5=>  cd /d "@destdir1@"
6=>  move "@eaclog@" "EAC_log.txt"
7=>  @encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -5 --replay-gain *.wav
8=>  for %%i in (*.flac) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
9=>  del "*.wav" "*.flac.tmp"
10=>:end

[OGG-tracks]
Description=Create ogg -q 6 files
destdir1=@musicdir@\OGG\$cdartist$\$album$
dest1=@destdir1@\[$track$] $title$
Various-dest1=@destdir1@\[$track$] $title$ ($artist$)
1=>echo.> "@dest1@.ogg.tmp"
2=>@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" "@dest1@.ogg.tmp"
3=>move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"
4=>if @islast@==0 goto end
5=>  cd /d "@destdir1@"
6=>  move "@eaclog@" "EAC_log.txt"
7=>  @encdir@\WaveGain.exe -a *.wav --exec @encdir@\oggenc2.exe -q 6 --scale %%ALBUM_SCALE%% -c "COMMENT=AG applied: %%ALBUM_GAIN%%, TG: %%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" -o "%%INPUT_NAME%%.ogg"
8=>  for %%i in (*.ogg) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
9=>  del "*.ogg.tmp" "*.wav"
10=>:end

Also is there a way to combine either of the above with WV_MP3-image or would I need to use the OGG-image and FLAC-image instead?

Thanks.

Reply #113
Wolfsong,

I'm not sure why your flac-tracks and ogg-tracks are not working.  But here is my working config of individual flac (w/ RG album and track tags) and ogg (RG album scaled and RG track tags) tracks.  I have two of them, one additional for various artists because my directory scheme does not work with the variousdest variable.  Hope this helps.

Code: [Select]
; -- FLAC and OGG --
[FLAC_OGG-tracks]
Description=Tagged flac and ogg files with RG album and track tags
destdir1=@musicdir@\Archive Music\$artist$\$album$
dest1=@destdir1@\$artist$ - $album$ - $track$ - $title$
destdir2=@musicdir@\Portable Music\$artist$\$album$
dest2=@destdir2@\$artist$ - $album$ - $track$ - $title$
1=> @encdir@\deglitch.exe -y @source@
2=>echo.> "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
3=>@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -t "ENCODEDBY=EAC + REACT" "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
4=> copy "@dest1@.flac.tmp" "@dest2@.ogg.tmp"
5=>move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"
6=>if @islast@==0 goto end
7=>  move "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@\EAC_log.txt"
8=>  cd /d "@destdir1@"
9=>  @encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -6 --replay-gain *.wav
10=>  for %%i in (*.flac) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
11=>  @encdir@\WaveGain.exe -a *.wav --exec @encdir@\oggenc2.exe -q 2 --scale %%ALBUM_SCALE%% -c "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=%%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" -c "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=%%TRACK_PEAK%%"  "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" -o "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.ogg"
12=> cd /d "@destdir2@"
13=>  for %%i in (*.ogg) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
14=>  del "@destdir1@\*.wav" "@destdir1@\*.flac.tmp" "@destdir2@\*.ogg.tmp"
15=>:end

[FLAC_OGG_VARIOUS-tracks]
Description=Tagged various artists flac and ogg files with RG album and track tags
destdir1=@musicdir@\Archive Music\$album$
dest1=@destdir1@\$album$ - $track$ - $artist$ - $title$
destdir2=@musicdir@\Portable Music\$album$
dest2=@destdir2@\$album$ - $track$ - $artist$ - $title$
1=> @encdir@\deglitch.exe -y @source@
2=>echo.> "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
3=>@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -t "ENCODEDBY=EAC + REACT" "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
4=> copy "@dest1@.flac.tmp" "@dest2@.ogg.tmp"
5=>move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"
6=>if @islast@==0 goto end
7=>  move "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@\EAC_log.txt"
8=>  cd /d "@destdir1@"
9=>  @encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -6 --replay-gain *.wav
10=>  for %%i in (*.flac) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
11=>  @encdir@\WaveGain.exe -a *.wav --exec @encdir@\oggenc2.exe -q 2 --scale %%ALBUM_SCALE%% -c "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=%%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" -c "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=%%TRACK_PEAK%%"  "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" -o "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.ogg"
12=> cd /d "@destdir2@"
13=>  for %%i in (*.ogg) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
14=>  del "@destdir1@\*.wav" "@destdir1@\*.flac.tmp" "@destdir2@\*.ogg.tmp"
15=>:end

Reply #114
Ok, I feel completely out of my league here, but I can't figure out REACT, nor do I know how to approach it.  I've searched for hours here and am still at a loss.  I know it's because I'm not familiar with audio codecs and command line writing, but I thought some caring fellows on here could give me some assistance. 

First, is there an online tutorial out there that can explain how to set up REACT to work in various instances (like an online user manual for idiots)?

All the .INI talk is over my head, so I'll explain what I have and what I want and pray to God that someone answers me. 

I have EAC.exe in C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy
I have REACT.exe in C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy
I have Wavepack.exe and Lame.exe in C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders (I didn't put them there, but it appears I now have duplicates of them in that location.  I'm assuming REACT.exe did that when I extracted the .exe)

I have put a shortcut to the React.exe on my desktop.
I have opened the React.exe and let it configure EAC to work with React.exe.

I have done nothing else because now I am lost.  What do I do now to get React.exe to rip a CD to 2 seperate files in 2 seperate directories, to create:

1. a Wavepack compressed image file (I have no idea which compression rating for Wavepack. Ideally something with the best time to compress/file size ratio so it does not take a rediculous amount of time) with cue sheets and tags (and anything else I may need for it as a backup lossless file) in F:\Music Lossless\Artist\Album\ and

2. Lame encoded MP3 files at setting -V2 --vbr-new (with appropriate tags, etc.) to F:\Music Lossy\Artist\Album\
I do not quite understand the difference between all the various gain adjusters either.  I know there is album gain, track gain, wave gain, etc., but I'm not sure if I should be adding a step in there for the MP3 files to be appropriately adjusted to be at similar levels, or if I should not adulterate the integrity of the files.

If this was heaven, and I could get anything I wanted, I would ask for a program to embed album artwork that works with my iPod in the same process through REACT. This would be the most ideal situation ever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I need babystep help (ie., if I need to adjust a setting in EAC or an .INI in a certain directory, I need to know specifically how to do that.

Thank you very much!!!

Reply #115
Anyone else have problems with LAME and PORTABLE, they don't fail per-se, just nothing happens.  I tried the FLAC and OGG profiles they work fine. Any thoughts?

Reply #116
I have the REACT setup as best as I know how, but I can't get it to batch process the two files (Wavepack and Lame MP3). Maybe I'm not sure what button or command I'm supposed to press in EAC.  Can someone tell me after I have my .INI set correctly, what I actually press to start the process?  My .INI is below.  Please let me know what is incorrect.

[Settings]
Config=WV_MP3
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=F:\Music
encdir=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders
LogFile=
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - ($year$) $album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Version=0.996
Debug=0

; -- Wavpack image and MP3 tracks --
[WV_MP3-image]
Description=Wavpack image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V2 mp3 track files, RG album gain
ImageExt=wv
CuesheetExt=wv.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=@musicdir@\IMAGES\$cdartist$
destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$cdartist$\($year$) $album$
1=>@encdir@\wavpack.exe -hmy -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=@peak@" -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "EACLOG=@@eaclog@" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>move "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
3=>set out2=$n - $~t
4=>if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~t ($~a)
5=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
6=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't figure out how to make the whole process start.

Edit: I've toyed around with this all night and could really use some direction here. What specifically do I need to change in the .INI file, and what do I need to change or press in EAC to get the one button automated process to start. 

Thanks!

Reply #117
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't figure out how to make the whole process start.

Try this one.  Amended areas are red.

[Settings]
Config=WV_MP3
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=F:
encdir=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders
LogFile=
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - ($year$) $album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Version=0.996
Debug=0

; -- Wavpack image and MP3 tracks --
[WV_MP3-image]
Description=Wavpack image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V2 mp3 track files, RG album gain
ImageExt=wv
CuesheetExt=wv.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=@musicdir@\Music Lossless\$cdartist$\$album$
destdir2=@musicdir@\Music Lossy\$cdartist$\$album$
1=>@encdir@\wavpack.exe -hmy -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=@peak@" -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "EACLOG=@@eaclog@" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>move "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
3=>set out2=$n - $~t
4=>if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~t ($~a)
5=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
6=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@"

If you amend the INI to the above, run REACT to start EAC, then press F10 to start the image ripping process, you are basically there.

Once this is running we can possibly amend the WavPack or LAME commands to suit you more.

NB: I have no idea about the album art thing, but there are threads about it.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #118

If you amend the INI to the above, run REACT to start EAC, then press F10 to start the image ripping process, you are basically there.

Once this is running we can possibly amend the WavPack or LAME commands to suit you more.

NB: I have no idea about the album art thing, but there are threads about it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343725"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Synthetic Soul - Thank you!

I guess I was confused when I got to this point last night and a pop-up window appeared asking me where I would like to "Save Waveform" as an ".eac" file.  You may want to ammend to instructions to finish with a final step of "After the pop-up window appears, click 'Ok'" or something to that effect.  I'm assuming that was only for a temporary file that was later deleted, since after the process finished I could not find a file related to the album in the directory that had opened with the pop-up window.

As you stated now that this is running, what can we do to amend the WavPack or LAME commands to suit my goals?

Reply #119
Synthetic Soul - Thank you!
No problem.  You were almost there.

I guess I was confused when I got to this point last night and a pop-up window appeared asking me where I would like to "Save Waveform" as an ".eac" file.  You may want to ammend to instructions to finish with a final step of "After the pop-up window appears, click 'Ok'" or something to that effect.  I'm assuming that was only for a temporary file that was later deleted, since after the process finished I could not find a file related to the album in the directory that had opened with the pop-up window.
I think REACT could do with a user guide.  If I had time I would write one.  As you say, "eac" is just a dummy extension, REACT worries about all that for you.

As you stated now that this is running, what can we do to amend the WavPack or LAME commands to suit my goals?
There may well be nothing that needs changing.

The only aspects I can think of are:
  • Are you happy with the image being called "<artist - (<year>) <album>"?
  • Are you happy with (only) ID3v2 tags for your MP3s?
  • Do you want to calculate ReplayGain info to scale the MP3s (and store the RG info in the WavPack images)?  You currently are.  Removing that process will speed things up - if you don't want your MP3s scaled.
I'm sure there's other things that can be changed, but you really need to have a good knowledge of WavPack and LAME to ask.  Basically you're pretty well set up already. tycho did a good job with this template INI profile.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #120
  • Are you happy with the image being called "<artist - (<year>) <album>"?

I guess so.  Is this how you name your file?  I haven't given the image naming much thought. 

• Are you happy with (only) ID3v2 tags for your MP3s?

No, I think I would prefer to have ID3v1 tags as well. I can't think of reason why I would not want both.  Do you know of one? 

• Do you want to calculate ReplayGain info to scale the MP3s (and store the RG info in the WavPack images)?  You currently are.  Removing that process will speed things up - if you don't want your MP3s scaled.

Are you saying there is a faster way to take care of scaling the MP3s?  I would like my MP3s to have a similar gain level across albums, so when I'm listening randomly on my iPod (which is my normal method), I'm not having to constantly adjust the volume up and down.  As far as having each track normalized with each other, or the entire album scaled, I'm not sure about this one.  I'm assuming I would want the song scaled relative to its range on the album, so that if I'm listening to an album the levels do not adjust differently than how they would normally sound on that album. So, if a song was supposed to be slightly softer than a different song on the same album, the song is not adjusted to be loud like the other song.  That said, I do not want one entire album to be much louder than a different album.  Does this make sense?

I'm sure there's other things that can be changed, but you really need to have a good knowledge of WavPack and LAME to ask.  Basically you're pretty well set up already. tycho did a good job with this template INI profile.

I'm not familiar enough with the codecs to ask the right questions I guess.  Any recommendations that you have learned along the way?

Reply #121
I have my first problem with the process.  With the first couple of CDs everything went smoothly.

Then, one of my CDs ripped, but it did not automate the process of puting the image file in the subdirectory (instead, it kept it in the directory I clicked "ok" on for the "Save Waveform" windows popup), nor did it create the .MP3 files.

This could have been because I was browsing the internet while it was happening.  I did not "minimize" EAC, but I did "maximize" firefox, so that may have essentially messed up the process...I'm not sure.  Anyway, I deleted the .WV files that were in the wrong place and tried the process all over again without touching anything.  It didn't work.  Have I messed up the settings for this CD forever, or is there something I can do to make this particular CD work the way the others do.

Thanks.

Reply #122
Set Debug=1 in the INI file under [Settings]. This will make the encoder window "stay" after it has done its work. Please report any errors you see.

Reply #123
I will do this and see what happens.  Now that I have spent a little time with it, I have a couple more questions (I'm sorry to ask so many questions).

1. Is there a way to make the process faster? After ripping, it takes 13-15 minutes before the external compression section dissapears from the bottom of EAC.

2. Is there a way to allow this process to happen minimized, so I can do other work on my computer while it is happening?  It seems odd that I can't touch my computer while the rip and encoding are being performed.

Reply #124
I will do this and see what happens.  Now that I have spent a little time with it, I have a couple more questions (I'm sorry to ask so many questions).

1. Is there a way to make the process faster? After ripping, it takes 13-15 minutes before the external compression section dissapears from the bottom of EAC.

2. Is there a way to allow this process to happen minimized, so I can do other work on my computer while it is happening?  It seems odd that I can't touch my computer while the rip and encoding are being performed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343944"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. The REACT profiles are designed carefully to do the encoding jobs as efficient as is possible. No unnessesary work is done. If you create both Wavepack and Lame mp3 files, one album will take anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes, depending on computer, length of CD, and which encoder settings you use.

NB: If you have multiple harddisks on you system, make sure that EAC rips the wav files to the same drive as where your music destination directoris are. Otherwise, much time is wasted on moving big files from one drive to another.

2. You can do other work while encoding. Simply put the applications you use on top of EAC, but don't minimize EAC while it is ripping.