Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [DOUBLE-POST] XLD "hangs up" during pre-gap detection (Read 3907 times) previous topic - next topic

[DOUBLE-POST] XLD "hangs up" during pre-gap detection

Hi folks, I've seen others complain about either XLD hanging up and can't eject the CD without restarting, or the Mac itself freeezing during XLD pregap detection. I contacted XLD's developer a while back and he advised me to check the "Don't Detect Pregap" option, because he said once I actually ripped the CD, XLD  would detect the pregaps anyway.

Well, unless I'm missing something, XLD does not detect the pregaps at all with that setting checked. I took a CD that I knew for sure had pregaps, ripped it both with and without Detect Pregap checked (ripped to FLAC, individual files, using the standard ripping setting "Include Pre-gap For All Tracks".

In the resulting logfiles, the one that detected the gaps prior to ripping shows "Gap Status: Analyzed, Appended", while the other logfile (as you'd logically expect) shows "Gap Status: Not Analyzed".

Moreover, I also exported a CUE sheet (for multiple files) at the conclusion of each of the two rips: Again, as expected, the pregap analyzed rip showed various pre-gap lengths in the form of INDEX 00 followed by varying time values on the tracks that had pregaps, while the Pregap NOT-Analyzed rip just showed INDEX 01 00:00:00 for EVERY track.

What's strange is that both rips showed as verified accurate with the AccuRip database in the logfiles. But how can the rip be accurate if the pregaps weren't analyzed and appended??

And of course there's the fact that I ended up with 2 totally different cue sheets (which in theory should match), since one reflects the CD's pregap Index points and the other doesn't.

It doesn't seem that proper rips can be made without pregap detection, and yet the pregap scanning process is buggy for me and others; it gets hung up more than half the time and I have to restart the machine....not good.

And I'm also confused by the Pregap NOT-analyzed rip checking out as OK with AR database.

Thoughts anyone??? I've also emailed the developer a follow-up email now that I've confirmed that pre-gaps are not being detected after all. I'll report back if I get a reply.

Cheers,
Don