Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback queue flushes after playing from ML search (Read 1853 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback queue flushes after playing from ML search

Well, maybe someone will tell me that it isn't a bug but it is strange to me and I haven't noticed it before...
Today I noticed, that if I build playback queue and then at some moment I will open Media Library Search window and play something from results, my queue is flushed... Why this happens? Can I do something to change it and keep queue in such scenario? I use foobar 1.2.9. I use foo_keep_queue plugin and it works when I close foobar, but it seems it is unrelated to interruption of playback when ML serach is invoked... Everything is fine when I use simple playlist search. In this case queue is not flushed and it continues play after track from results finishes. I expected the same with ML Search.

Reply #1
Anyone?

Reply #2
Have you tried disabling library viewer selection playlist in the media library sub menu in the foobar2000 preferences?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
Doesn't help...
Maybe I should ask additional question - does anyone notice the same behavior?

Reply #4
Queue flushing upon manual track selection is an intended feature. The component foo_keep_queue is bugged and fails to save queue contents when playing tracks from the library search.

Reply #5
Thanks for reply Case 
How I understand your post, taking my quite long time foobar experience into account:
1. Queue flushing upon manual track selection is an intended feature of foobar's core. This is how Peter/other main dev has decided that it should be. It happens in any scenario - F3 search, ML search, simple doubleclicking somewhere on playlist.
2. foo_keep_queue was intended to change behavior from point 1. in every possible scenario, but it has a slight bug, and scenario with ML search is not supported. From the point of foo_keep_queue this is not intended to flush queue when ML search is invoked - this is only because of bug.
Am I correct? Bit pity that foo_keep_queue developer seems to be long time inactive...