Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD found problems and bug list (Read 77299 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD found problems and bug list

Reply #75
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem:

XLD does not import any id3 metadata from mp3s.
Therefore, it is currently actually useless for converting from mp3 data.

Secondly, it seems unable to import mp4 AAC at all, while some people mention this should have worked in some older releases.

Does anybody know more on these two topics?

I would really like to build a mobile version of my music library using XLD but since I currently cannot convert mp3 nor AAC data it is unfortunately impossible....

I'm using XLD 20110212 (127.0).

Reply #76
When ripping from CD to FLAC image and cue, some symbols are not transferred correctly from the given metadata to the cue sheet. Here is an example from a CD I just ripped:

TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "You Won‚Äôt See Me"
    INDEX 00 04:34:23
    INDEX 01 04:36:10

There are quite a few other symbols that cause problems including "é" and "ñ".

Reply #77
I'm running OS X 10.6.7 on a 2006 MacBook Pro with 2GB ram.

I'm running XLD Version 20110502 (132.0).

I believe after the 2011/4/17 update I started have lots of issues with the progress window. Sometimes it will appear very small and cannot be moved or minimized and will remain on top of all other applications. Other times I will only be able to see the actual progress if it the window is made quite large (it is blank at normal size), but otherwise it functions normally (can be moved, etc.).

Besides the progress window, the functionality of the program does not seem to be otherwise impaired.

This problem occurs regardless of if I am ripping or converting files and with any combination of settings I've tried.

Thanks for the wonderful program and hope this minor bug is easy to fix.

Reply #78
I can only get XLD's audio player to play through the internal speakers. Can anyone else confirm that this is a software issue?

Reply #79
I wasn't even aware that XLD had the ability to play audio - do you mean from a CD prior to ripping?  I can't see any options anywhere for playback.

Also, do you mean it will play through headphones but not through the Mac's speakers, or that it won't play through an external USB/Firewire audio interface?
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #80
I wasn't even aware that XLD had the ability to play audio - do you mean from a CD prior to ripping?  I can't see any options anywhere for playback.

Also, do you mean it will play through headphones but not through the Mac's speakers, or that it won't play through an external USB/Firewire audio interface?

Open XLD, Window-->Show Player

XLD seems to play only files loaded from a cue sheet—just open a cue and double-click on any song. It doesn't seem to work with CDs or individual files without a cue sheet (without it you get a different interface and can't click on the songs).

I restarted XLD and now I'm getting sound from the line-out. I switch the speakers between two systems and when I switch back to the Mac I have to select "line-out" in the sound preferences. XLD doesn't recognize that change until it is restarted.

Reply #81
Ah, there it is, and yeah, it only plays from CUEs for me, too (very latest version - today! - 20110508 (133.0)).

Regarding audio output, the player correctly tracks changes in output devices on my system:  plug in headphones and it plays through the headphones, unplug them and it will play through the internal speaker, no relaunch required (Mac mini C2D, OS X 10.6.7).
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #82
Has anyone tried the burn option in the latest 20110508 (133.0) version ?
It took me 3 coasters to find the write-offset, but now it seems to work very well here.
I'm very happy with the burn option, especially since the developer tmkk had no intention to implement it when I asked him 2 years ago.

Reply #83
Problem using MusicBrainz data - when I insert a cd to rip, and look up the data, I get an entry from both MB and Freedb, but if I select the MB entry and try to use it, it does not actually apply the tags to the tracklist, just disappears without making any changes to it.

Expected result: update track list with correct metadata.

XLD version 20110508
Mac OS 10.6.7
Macbook pro i7 2.66Ghz, 8Gb ram

Reply #84
Has anyone tried the burn option in the latest 20110508 (133.0) version ?

I just burned a CD (from flac+cue) then ripped it and compared the log to the original—all CRC's match.

Reply #85
Hi,

I´m new at this forum and I have right now a question of manage the correct filename after I have done one of the last updates. So if I try to rip a compilation the metadatas show me the correct compilation flag behind every titel. But xld  ignores this flag and creates a separate folder for every song and artist on this compilation. Shouldn´t XLD creates a single folder "various" for the hole CD?

Thanks and greetings,

seger

Reply #86
I´m new at this forum and I have right now a question of manage the correct filename after I have done one of the last updates. So if I try to rip a compilation the metadatas show me the correct compilation flag behind every titel. But xld  ignores this flag and creates a separate folder for every song and artist on this compilation. Shouldn´t XLD creates a single folder "various" for the hole CD?

One way to do what you want is to create a new profile titled "compilations" and change the beginning of your filename format from %a/ (song artist in this case) to %A/ (album artist) or %T/ (album title). When you are going to rip or transcode a compilation, just change profiles.

Reply #87
Hi,

27" iMac 2011,  64-bit OS X 10.6.7, with 8GB Ram here. Latest version of the XLD (2011/6/11) installed.

Embedding cuesheets to FLAC and Wavpack when ripping to single file does not work. I have tested both formats with embedding option enabled and disabled in the encoder settings but no effect. XLD in all cases saves CUE as a separate file.

Apart of this small bug, awesome software. Thanks.

Reply #88
Embedding cuesheets to FLAC and Wavpack when ripping to single file does not work. I have tested both formats with embedding option enabled and disabled in the encoder settings but no effect. XLD in all cases saves CUE as a separate file.
Are you sure the cuesheet isn't embedded as well ? You can easily verify that by opening the flac image and see if XLD asks you to use the embedded cuesheet.
Works fine for me (old 10.4.11 though, but latest XLD).

Reply #89
Are you sure the cuesheet isn't embedded as well ? You can easily verify that by opening the flac image and see if XLD asks you to use the embedded cuesheet.
Works fine for me (old 10.4.11 though, but latest XLD).

Good point. I tested this with XLD and it did not ask about cuesheet when opening FLAC or WavPack image. I tested also with Foobar 2000 and it shows only a single image file without tracklist.

NOTE: lpacheco reports of the same issue in post #51.