Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simple Keybinding Problem in New Versions (Read 2537 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple Keybinding Problem in New Versions

I just installed Foobar on a new OSr and have a rather simple problem:  I always use a global hotkey bound to F1 to "show or hide" Foobar.  The problem with the latest version is that when I hit F1 in the box, it pulls up the help file for Foobar.  I've removed all of Foobar's existing keybinds but still no dice.  It won't set "F1" in the box;  I think I didn't have problems when I was upgrading from version to version cause it would carry over, but now trying to do it from scratch it won't take.

Is there something I'm not getting or is there some kind of hack workaround?

Thanks.

Reply #1
Is everyone else able to bind to the F1 key or am I the only person that uses that keybind?

Reply #2
The F1 key cannot be currently bound. The key press is eaten by the dialog to do the action associated with the questionmark button in the top-right corner.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #3
The F1 key cannot be currently bound. The key press is eaten by the dialog to do the action associated with the questionmark button in the top-right corner.

Thanks for the reply.  Is there any plans to change this so it becomes key-bindable again in a future release?  I can understand if this is not of much concern to the developers, I am just wondering if it is something that is intended to remain that way.

Re: Simple Keybinding Problem in New Versions

Reply #4
What a pity that's the problem is still not fixed. It would be nice to have an ability to bind an action for the F1.