Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_prettypop (Read 441136 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_prettypop

Reply #600
1.2.5 is out and the config page will work properly in 1.0.

Also, hopefully I'll be able to handle the crash reports properly now... eventually hopefully leading to the removal of crashware label.

Nice! This is actually the only component I have that ever causes crashes, but I still use it because I love it, lol

foo_prettypop

Reply #601
One little bug I've found. Pretty Popup doesn't fetch the 'no album art' (1.0beta: stub-image-path)-picture from the core's advanced preferences.
Thanks for pointing this out, I don't know how I missed that seeing how it was documented clearly in the SDK. I'll fix this very soon.
Unfortunately this is still not working.

foo_prettypop

Reply #602
New SDK was released; Is it possible for this plug-in to use new preferences for album art?

foo_prettypop

Reply #603
What preferences exactly? (I am unsure whether I do understand your question correctly, lvqcl.)

In foobar's preferences -> Display, Album art, Front cover I added %directoryname%.jpg

fb2k 1.0 displays that file as album art, Pretty Popup v1.2.5 does not.

The album art patterns however which are available per default are shown by Pretty Popup as far as I see (front.jpg, cover.jpg, ...).
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_prettypop

Reply #604
Preferences, Display, Album art, Front cover: I have %album%.jpg.

Unfortunately PrettyPopup 1.2.5 doesn't display such images. PrettyPopup 1.2.3 (which has customizable album art patterns) doesn't work with fb2k 1.0.

foo_prettypop

Reply #605
Yes, my system behaves as yours.

I hope FrozenSpoon will update his plugin with the new SDK.

foo_prettypop

Reply #606
Very nice to see that foo_prettypop has lost its crashware status! 

foo_prettypop

Reply #607
?? Fb2k still tells me that foo_prettypop.dll is problematic (and I use 1.2.5).

foo_prettypop

Reply #608
Same here, 1.2.5 is still labeled as problematic in Online Troubleshooter
foo_prettypop.dll : Pretty Popup
Reason: Heavy crashware, no longer developed.

foo_prettypop

Reply #609
?? Fb2k still tells me that foo_prettypop.dll is problematic (and I use 1.2.5).

That are bad news. I was referring to this thread's title where the beginning "[crashware]" was removed.

Same here, 1.2.5 is still labeled as problematic in Online Troubleshooter
foo_prettypop.dll : Pretty Popup
Reason: Heavy crashware, no longer developed.

More bad news for me.

There is neither a hint in this thread nor on the component's homepage that the development has been abandoned. 

foo_prettypop

Reply #610
The hint was that there hadn't been a new version for a year.
Thank you for pointing out the outdated reason in the Troubleshooter, it has been updated accordingly.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_prettypop

Reply #611
Nice.
Can you add an option to change the size of album art and its position?
something like
|_______
|_______|
|_Cover_|
|_______|
Title

foo_prettypop

Reply #612
Preferences, Display, Album art, Front cover: I have %album%.jpg.

Unfortunately PrettyPopup 1.2.5 doesn't display such images. PrettyPopup 1.2.3 (which has customizable album art patterns) doesn't work with fb2k 1.0.

I have the same problem. Can you please update to fix this as well as the layout in the preferences page? It has a gap in the middle of the window, and foobar says it's a legacy page.

foo_prettypop

Reply #613
Great plugin. However, I am also having the problem as described above (album art with a customized path is not displayed in the popup, although displayed in foobar itself).

foo_prettypop

Reply #614
Is it known issue that context aliases %list_index% and %list_total% does not work in plugin lines (but works in foobar playlist)? Very useful aliases for me.

prettypop 1.2.5, foobar 1.0.1

foo_prettypop

Reply #615
I just updated to Win 7 and I am getting this error when starting up fb2k. My system has .Net 1.1 and 4 installed. Am I missing anything else? It was working with Vista yesterday.

Failed to load DLL: foo_prettypop.dll
Reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Thanks.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foo_prettypop

Reply #617
It looks the creator has disappeared...maybe someone else can help me with this?

I'm wondering if it's possible to have the info pop up at the end of the song...I did read in an earlier
version he added that, but I'm not sure if it got removed or what--

Thanks guys!

foo_prettypop

Reply #618
Is there any alternative for this plugin?

foo_prettypop

Reply #620
I wish there were an option for "only display popup when foobar2000 is not focused".
Rather than only when minimized.
Otherwise though this plugin is awesome!

foo_prettypop

Reply #622
That's not even close

foo_prettypop

Reply #623
I'm using Snarl which is a seperate free program, but it supports foobar2000 (and album art) plus several other programs too. It's quite stable and doesn't eat too many ressources on my machine (depends of course, on how many apps you install into it).

Re: foo_prettypop

Reply #624
Anyone found a decent alternative to this? I really miss having it mapped to a hotkey to quickly see what's playing. Thanks!