Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMA9 (Read 4750 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA9

Hi, have a lot of mpc albums & I want to play them on my xbox while running games so I'm looking to transcode them to WMA9, programs for this?, any good frontends for WMA9 batch encoding?

WMA9

Reply #1
There are commandline tools included with the windows media 9 encoder download, which work just fine for batch encoding and stuff.. of course, the input cannot be mpc files, so you should have those files decompressed to wav first.. (i say "of course" because how many things accept mpc as input anyway! especially microsoft and other commercial entities )

WMA9

Reply #2
Can XBOX play WMA files?

WMA9

Reply #3
I'd assume it when it's branded Microsoft.

WMA9

Reply #5
check out

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

its works perfectly for transcoding format A to format B.

also since you want to make "soundtracks" on your xbox for playing in game you Can not just copy over the wma files.

as far as i know there is only one program out there that will copy over the *.wma files, name them correctlly and add them into the encripted soundtrack info file.

do a google search for

XBOX Soundtrack Editor

the latest version is .97

the program is kind of buggy, but it getts the job done.

here is some guildline for encoding trouble free .wma files....
Bitrate:128kbps, Samplerate:44100Hz, Channel:Stereo
also in whatever program you use to encode/transcode your *.wma files do not add any or copy over the ID3 [tagged info].  it might lead to incorrect lenth display of the media files on you xbox.

-ty1er

WMA9

Reply #6
If you use the WMEncoder GUI to make files, be sure to max out the offline encoding slider in Tools -> Options -> Performance. It's not maxed by default (no clue why).

And cmdline or GUI, use 2pass CBR, it increases quality, some MS guy told me that on first pass it does block switching decisions or something.

WMA9

Reply #7
Thanks for the tips guys. So JS isn't recommended with WMA9?, why?, because it's not tuned or because xbox may have playback problems?

WMA9

Reply #8
There is no stereo setting in WMA AFAIK.