Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official Musepack support in Cowon A2 (Read 11374 times) previous topic - next topic

Official Musepack support in Cowon A2

Cowon A2 1.89 Firmware changelog:
• Added more items to set user GUI
• Upgrade FLAC decoder to version 1.1.4
• Added support for the Musepack file format
• Fixed the error that displays lyrics of a playing FLAC or WMA file after playing a MP3 file with lyrics marked
• Fixed the error to display wrong coordinates on AV-IN preview screen
• Fixed the error that can not display the bottom of the album image when fast forwarding or rewinding a music file

Reply #1
Wow.. Impressive, although it will probably be the last one too.
myspace.com/borgei - last.fm/user/borgei

Reply #2
yeah, i guess they did it without any help/input from the MDT, too

here is the full changelog

anyone have one of these devices?

Reply #3
hm. nice step, but should have happened years ago and i would rather like to see mpc support in more "mainstream" iaudio devices like the x5, a4 or whatever.

Reply #4
hm. nice step, but should have happened years ago and i would rather like to see mpc support in more "mainstream" iaudio devices like the x5, a4 or whatever.

The X5 has had unofficial MPC support for a long time now if you installed Rockbox.

Reply #5
Hi to everybody,

I have recently bought the Cowon A2- player due to the support of Musepack. Yesterday Cowon has updated the firmware once again to version 1.91 (including some improvements of Musepack) and everything works very fine! If they also take over replay-gain support in future firmware- releases, it will be perfect!!!

I hope very much, that Cowon will carry over the Musepack- format to other players!

I can really recommend this player to all those, who pledge loyality to Musepack!

antares

Reply #7
....look here!

antares