Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_autoplaylist (Read 22370 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #25
foosion will you be releasing your updated autoplaylsit component with this new beta?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #27
foosion sorry for that I meant to ask if the component will be released when a new version of foobar2000 is released or if it can/will be released separately when you are finished?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #28
foosion, I am wondering whether the implentation of limiting the size of a playlist is going well. (I hope it's not much trouble now (mentioned last in June); I'm itching for a "100 Most Played" autoplaylist.)

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #29
what should this help? my configuration is saved but foobar crashes or will be killed on shutdown and after the next start all autoplaylists are away while the rest of foobar looks like everytime and is set to the same parameters like everytime.
Before reattaching itself to an existing playlist on startup, the autoplaylist component checks if the playlist name is the one it remembers. I wonder whether you are using this component that messes with the names of playlists based on their contents (foo_playlist_name_enhanced or whatever it is called).

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #30
what should this help? my configuration is saved but foobar crashes or will be killed on shutdown and after the next start all autoplaylists are away while the rest of foobar looks like everytime and is set to the same parameters like everytime.
Before reattaching itself to an existing playlist on startup, the autoplaylist component checks if the playlist name is the one it remembers. I wonder whether you are using this component that messes with the names of playlists based on their contents (foo_playlist_name_enhanced or whatever it is called).

I also have this problem when foobar crash a time by time, and i don't have foo_playlist_name_enhanced installed.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #31
foosion, I am wondering whether the implentation of limiting the size of a playlist is going well. (I hope it's not much trouble now (mentioned last in June); I'm itching for a "100 Most Played" autoplaylist.)

My comment got ignored so I guess my answer is nothing's changed since June. Well, thanks anyway for a great plugin that makes foobar infinitely better by empowering its users with so much more control.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #32

Just wondering, if I do use foo_playlist_name_enhanced, does this mean autoplaylist is incompatible with it? Or is there anything to make autoplaylist remember the 'enhanced' playlist name so rescanning the ML after every restart is unnesscary? Thx

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #33
Is there a way to use $directory(), $left(), etc. functions in the query? This is the query I can't get it to accept:
NOT $left($directory(%_path%,1),2) HAS "VA" AND %genre% IS "Post-Rock"

By the way, this is the most useful plugin for foobar, I can't wait to see it improved... nice work

Edit: Nevermind, I saw an earlier post and figured it out, this works:
(NOT "[$left($directory(%_path%,1),2)]" IS "VA") AND (the rest of my query)

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #34
This plugin severely kills my foobar startup time. I have some playlists that query groups of artists, like "artist is blah or artist is blahblah or artist is blarge" in a very large list.

With a fresh install of foobar 0.9.3 along with my current db and no autoplaylist plugin, startup time is 0:04s but when I add the autoplaylist plugin the startup time jumps up to 2m:45s. Any chance the new version will be better at this?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #35
I'm itching for a "100 Most Played" autoplaylist.)

There's an easy way.  Go to your main library PL, sort by play count, find the 100th song's play count (=xx).  Make an autoplaylist with PLAY_COUNTER GREATER xx.

Half-ass.  But it works.  Depending on how dynamic your listening habit is... This shoud last you about a month or two before having to re-edit it.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #36
I'm itching for a "100 Most Played" autoplaylist.)

There's an easy way.  Go to your main library PL, sort by play count, find the 100th song's play count (=xx).  Make an autoplaylist with PLAY_COUNTER GREATER xx.

Half-ass.  But it works.  Depending on how dynamic your listening habit is... This shoud last you about a month or two before having to re-edit it.

Thanks for the advice, I thought of the same thing. It'd be nice, though, to have that feature, especially for other kinds of statistics. (Say I wanted a sampling of songs that are rated 5. I'd want a limit of 100, RATING EQUALS 5, and sorted randomly.) That feature would give us more options/control.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #37
I've found a bug... if you use a lot of really big autoplaylists (I think I'm the only one) the shutdown time takes a lot longer, and if you force the program to close (windows automatically does this during shutdown) there is roughly an 80% chance that a whole bunch or maybe all of your autoplaylists will disappear. It's happened to me twice now.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #38
Is it possible to sort recursive? F.ex. Sort by %artist% then by %year% ?

Are there any documentation on the syntax other than just the lousy help button?

And... still 1.0 - Any progress on the "new" version?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #39
I was bored so I've written a little at the wiki.

@odyssey: You can check it out if you haven't found the answer to your question about sorting.

PS: Please check what I wrote as maybe there're mistakes in it.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #40
Feature request:

As you develop the new version, any chance of adding access to tags from the now playing track?

Then we could have autoplaylists with e.g.: tracks in the same album, by the same artist etc. etc.