Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: need some help with LAME encoder coupled with EAC (Read 2476 times) previous topic - next topic

need some help with LAME encoder coupled with EAC

ok, now before i begin. just let me state clearly that I have everything set up, EAC is working and lame seems to be doing it's job coupled with it.

now with that said, is there any possible way that I can get into LAME itself and deviate from the "hydrogen audio forum" settings that are preset when you set everything up? for instance, is it possible to somehow go in and change the encoding from joint stereo, to stereo? I followed the setup tutorial on music-reviewed.com to the T and it doesn't mention anything like this. I would just like to have complete control. oh, and i'm using the bundled .exe version of v3.98.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply #1
I shall presume you've not done much reading of the forums or wiki.

is there any possible way that I can get into LAME itself and deviate from the "hydrogen audio forum" settings that are preset when you set everything up?

Configure it as a "User Defined Encoder" ([1], [2]).

is it possible to somehow go in and change the encoding from joint stereo, to stereo?

Don't do that. Simple stereo lowers encoding quality ([1], [2]).

Reply #2
Seriously, if you think it is a good idea to force LAME to use simple stereo, then you may want to reconsider your sources of information. I highly recommend that you spend as much time as you can afford doing some research, and asking questions when necessary, here at hydrogenaudio. Nonsense just does not float here.

Welcome, and good luck!

Reply #3
Personally I would favor the -m s switch being removed from future versions. The cases where it makes any sense to use it are so rare that it is not worth the hassle of trying to convince perople over and over and over again not to use it.