Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: japanese tag/character messed up (Read 3190 times) previous topic - next topic

japanese tag/character messed up

hey when i first install foobar2000 1*, I realize that it didnt support Japanese character but after i change system locale foobar able to read it, but for sometime a realize that foobar starting to messed up my title and artist tag.

my question how to fix this problem, i read about masstag but since its for foobar 0.9, i cant use it. other thing about writing to id3v2. but i dont know how to

Reply #1
You might try Chacon.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
I can confirm that Chacon works on everything I've tried it on (Japanese in various formats and Korean). An alternative is also to get the freedb tagger.

Reply #3
thx, it work

i never thought that official foobar component will get updated , i should looked there first next time

Reply #4
For freedb, you can use freedbtest.dyndns.org

I'm not sure if there are other options out there but I've been using this for a while and it's good. Post if you know of any other good ones.

Reply #5
hey when i first install foobar2000 1*, I realize that it didnt support Japanese character but after i change system locale foobar able to read it [...]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK foobar started using utf-8 only around version 1.0. If your tags were written with a previous version, you would probably have them as Shift-JIS, so you'd have to convert them to UTF-8 with chacon. No need to change the system locale, though.

Reply #6
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK foobar started using utf-8 only around version 1.0.

You are wrong. fb2k has used UTF-8 for as long as it has tagged id3v2.

For other tagging formats it has always used the format's specified character encoding (e.g. vorbis comments are UTF-8)
elevatorladylevitateme