Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_covers - locates your images on disk (Read 117258 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_covers - locates your images on disk

Reply #25
Awsome, thank you. This gives the kind of flexibility that made me love foobar2000 a lot.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #26
1. when you select several tracks, the DUI art wiewer simply displays "multiple items". But what if I have selected a whole album where all selected tracks have the same cover ? Then I'd like the art viewer to display such cover. Could this be possible, or is it a limitation from the standard DUI art viewer ?

You are the third person ask for the same thing (read above).
For someone want more technical informations,
fb2k asks this plugin for the *content* of image to display (it's NOT a path to the image file), and there is nothing beyond this. fb2k doesn't check whether the image is the same or not, since it may be a expensive work (needs notable time when the image is large). I think the best way to address this is modifying the artwork viewer to show the first image instead of "[multiple items]", but I'm not a fbk2 developer. Perhaps you can ask the developers to make some improve about this (new API or the artwork viewer itself).

2. Could there be a "scan mode" that would automatically scan all the library, find all tracks (or all albums) with missing artwork, and create a text log report ?

No.

Reply #27
I just wanted to report that the latest version fixes the problems I had previously reported regarding %catalognumber%. Filename strings are now working as expected, thank you for your dedication to your component.

Reply #28
Just wanted to say thanks for a very useful plugin. So...

THANKS!

Reply #29
The thing i dont get is how is it used after settings the paths?
I mean does it work automatically? For CAD for example, should it work?

Reply #30
@JackieKu:

Hello,

First, i want to congratulate you for this very useful plugin, thanx.

i've now a request

i have to declare (in Front, Back, Artist, ...) an alternative image (no_cover.png, ...) when the image is not found (do not exists),
but these alternative images are stored in a folder based on the foobar2000 install folder (ex: C:/Program Files/foobar2000/skins/my_skin/no_cover.png)
and so, i have to enter full path to get it displayed as well.

This full path is change with portable install of foobar (ex: usb key usage), because foobar200 folder can change, and so, i have to modify the foo_cover settings too ...

So my idea was to use foo_exvar.dll  which comes with %FOOBAR_PATH%, a default extended variable usable in all foobar components as well, but it doesn't work in foo_covers (weird), why this limitation ? maybe a thing to change to allow this? that would be great

or maybe easier for you to declare a such variable for foo_covers : %foo_cover_foobar_path% or something similar ...

Another way would be to make the relative path based on the foobar2000 install folder, and not on the music folder (titleformatting already exists to get easily the music folder)

Thanx to think about this request and hopefully bring a solution

if not possible or not wanted, just notify me, no problem

Reply #31
@Falstaff:

I put this

%FOOBAR_PATH%images\foonightday\cover\nocover.jpg

as last line in my sources and it's picking it up just fine.  I even changed to a different picture with a different filename to make sure it was not picking up the value from some place else.  It's definitely working.

Reply #32
lol, you're right, just have forgotten that %FOOBAR_PATH% contains the '/' end char

thanx, pb solved

Reply #33
How do you point to that plugin from other plugins?
I mean how to access covers when have set them?

Reply #34

which other plugins?

- for PSS and ELP, it's usable with $imageabs() or $drawimage() using %path% for the image path and artreader_*** for option1 (*** = front/back/disc/icon/artist)

- for CUI Artwork panel/NG Playlist/..., just be sure that the built-in foobar artwork reader is not disable (tab Artwork)

HTH

Reply #35
I'm sorry for a silly question, but is there any point of having this with Columns UI? What's the difference between the plugins settings and CUI Artwork's ones?

Reply #36
I'm sorry for a silly question, but is there any point of having this with Columns UI? What's the difference between the plugins settings and CUI Artwork's ones?

It's more flexible since it support wildcards (like *\??*\*). In addition, it can be used by any components that supports the build-in artwork reader.

Reply #37

which other plugins?

- for PSS and ELP, it's usable with $imageabs() or $drawimage() using %path% for the image path and artreader_*** for option1 (*** = front/back/disc/icon/artist)

- for CUI Artwork panel/NG Playlist/..., just be sure that the built-in foobar artwork reader is not disable (tab Artwork)

HTH

thank you

Reply #38
I use the foo_lastfm_radio plug-in. Installing foo_covers blocks the foo_lastfm_radio plug-in from loading album covers. Am I missing something? CUI & DUI

Reply #39
I use the foo_lastfm_radio plug-in. Installing foo_covers blocks the foo_lastfm_radio plug-in from loading album covers. Am I missing something? CUI & DUI

Works fine here.

Reply #40

had the same problem. here's how I fixed it.  YMMV

close fb2k and delete foo_covers.dll (move to recycle bin, don't delete permanently).  restart fb2k and when it asks foo_covers is no longer installed, do you want to keep its settings, say YES.  verify that your last.fm radio covers are working.  close fb2k.  restore foo_covers.dll and start fb2k again.  I think it should work now.

Reply #41
It's a strange problem seen on two different pcs (both XP SP3). About half the time I open foobar2000 0.9.6.7 the last.fm album covers show fine with foo_covers installed. At other times they do not - but if close and open foobar eventually they come back. No problems when foo_covers is not loaded. I tried barty's solution but it did not permanently fix the problem.

Reply #42
Have the same problems with embedded album art...

Reply #43
I have a feeling that it depends on component load order, which is randomized each run exactly for the reason that it becomes easily apparent when some feature relies on such an unreliable assumption.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #44

Does it block foo_lastfm_radio when the cover is not found by foo_covers? If not, this is NOT a bug since the order of the components to load the album arts is NOT determined by foo_covers.

Reply #45
is someone supporting cdartdisplay plugin? Would be nice to have it foo_cover aware.

Reply #46
Does it block foo_lastfm_radio when the cover is not found by foo_covers?

I am not sure that I understand this. foo_lastfm_radio is finding its own covers and so foo_covers is not being asked to find the covers in this scenario. Therefore, the cover is not found by foo_covers and blocking of the display of covers by foo_lastfm_radio occurs.

Reply #47
Hi,
Is it possible to use picture inside a archive?
For example I have file "Musics 2009.zip" which contains :
01. Track 1
02. Track 2
03. Track 3
cover.jpg

So when I play the archive in Foobar, how to show that "cover.jpg" ?

Reply #48
Is it possible to use this to search for cover for singles?

I saved all album arts in one folder; E:\Covers; in either of this format %artist% - %album% or %artist% - %title%

how to show it in ELPlaylist?

Reply #49
0.04 is released.

I added two options to limit the usage of foo_covers, it should work better with other artwork sources (e.g. foo_lastfm_radio).

Hi,
Is it possible to use picture inside a archive?
For example I have file "Musics 2009.zip" which contains :
01. Track 1
02. Track 2
03. Track 3
cover.jpg

So when I play the archive in Foobar, how to show that "cover.jpg" ?

This is not this plugin intent to do. It should be support by other components which extract the data from the ZIP archive.
Is it possible to use this to search for cover for singles?

I saved all album arts in one folder; E:\Covers; in either of this format %artist% - %album% or %artist% - %title%

how to show it in ELPlaylist?

I don't using ELPlaylist. It should work fine if it support built-in artwork provider.