Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Custom Sampling Frequencies (Read 2579 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom Sampling Frequencies

with a 24/96 soundcard like the revo would i be able to to record and/or play something like 20/60 without requantization/resampling?

Reply #1
I've been capable of using custom sample rates with the Marian Marc 2, but it was outside its normal use : the digital in/out were loopbacked and the clock slaved to the digital input. Thus it was playing and recording without clock !
I never actually checked that its clock was capable to generate or record a true non standard signal, because I don't have any other gear that supports it.

Reply #2
so just on the hardware side, can a 24/96 peice of equipment record and/or play 20/60 without requantization/resampling and without additional hardware?
is it purely a recording/playback standards problem or would it require additional hardware components to implement?

Reply #3
It is actually a hardware matter. Not all chip/DACs support all sample rates. For example, some only support 11.025, 12, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 64 (?), 88.2 and 96 kHz, while some support any integer sample rate within a given range.