Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toaster For Foobar2000 (Read 58094 times) previous topic - next topic

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #25
I also have the same problem as badrad.  I cannot see the Toaster config under the components menu.  The only thing I can think of is some kind of conflict with another plugin.  Like badrad, it loads fine and displays on track change.  I don't have the extra dll installed as I don't need id3v2 support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #26
@outie: If you can find the basic code to pull the unicde tags out of a track using a plugin, I will put it in. At the moment I have only seen ansi methods of getting meta data.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you had read the [a href="http://foobar2000.org/FAQ.html]FAQ[/url], you would know that.
All strings passed around are char*, how do I get unicode strings?
All char* strings passed around in foobar2000 API are UTF-8 encoded. You can find proper routines for handling them in pfc/string.h (also see: helpers/unicode_helper.h for common win32 api related UTF-8 string helper code). Refer to sample components on exact info how to mix UTF-8 string based code with win32 API.
It also pays off to look at utf8api which provides UTF-8-ized wrappers for many Win32 functions including Common Dialogs and GDI-based text rendering (among others).

Regarding artist and title information on streaming audio, you can use play_control::playback_format_title_ex() with b_include_dynamicinfo set to true to display this kind of information. To watch for changes in dynamic info, use a play_callback.

Btw. I would prefer if you created a topic in the "3rd Party  Plugins" forum for further discussion of this component.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #27
Nice plugin. However, I'm pretty sure it's causing some weird crashes on my system. Nobody else having trouble with it crashing foobar2000?

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #28
Nice plugin. However, I'm pretty sure it's causing some weird crashes on my system. Nobody else having trouble with it crashing foobar2000?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275389"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

my computer froze for the first time in like 6 months... i dont know if its co incidence

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #29
I also have the same problem as badrad.  I cannot see the Toaster config under the components menu.  The only thing I can think of is some kind of conflict with another plugin.  Like badrad, it loads fine and displays on track change.  I don't have the extra dll installed as I don't need id3v2 support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check your components menu. I got confused at first also.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #30
Excellent working shaneh!
this might be a silly request (memory freak ) but is it possible that after the toast fades out the ram usage can be returned to normal?
Thanks for an excellent plugin

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #31
Excellent working shaneh!
this might be a silly request (memory freak ) but is it possible that after the toast fades out the ram usage can be returned to normal?
Thanks for an excellent plugin
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275416"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mine is using 3Mb minimized and 6MB maximized with the plugin.

Great plugin THX.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #32
Any chance of setting definable tag field name for where Toaster should read cover art data from?

Like when using musicmatch, it stores all the cover art in a tag called "Cover Art (front)"

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #33
our components menu. I got confused at first also.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275414"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haha, stupid me. There it is. Thanks.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #34
I don't think there's an option already for this, but could you make an option to have it not always be on top?

Thanks, cool plugin.

-Tristan

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #35
our components menu. I got confused at first also.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275414"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haha, stupid me. There it is. Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275443"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I still don't see it 

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #36
Edit: Post moved to new thread.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #38
i am having trouble with the downloads.  what version of 7-zip are you using?

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #39
Same here, tried with latest 7zip and WinRAR, both .rar and .7z files are corrupt.

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #40
Same here, tried with latest 7zip and WinRAR, both .rar and .7z files are corrupt.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try the link to rar in the winamp forums @ [a href="http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1601855#post1601855]http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?po...855#post1601855[/url]

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #41
Yup, that one worked. attaching it here aswell :

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #42
How can I make it appear when I press pause/play?  Also, here's mine.  Thanks for the help on Dynamic info as well

[a href="http://paintedover.com/uploads/show.php?loc=26&f=toaster.jpg" target="_blank"]

And I also changed the font used to orange, seems like no website uses it, and dark grey/brown/black combined with orange looks quite cool...

Toaster For Foobar2000

Reply #43
I have a problem with the plugin.
I'm new here, so maybe this has been covered earlier, but I was unable to find so..
When the Foobar starts it loads automatically the original toaster(red little one). I have to "import" my own toaster skin each time, this is kinda troublesome.
How do I config this? Or change the original red toast to mine so that it loads automatically??