Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trying to rip a CD to MP3, I get “Please locate lame.exe”; what to do? (Read 26891 times) previous topic - next topic

Trying to rip a CD to MP3, I get “Please locate lame.exe”; what to do?

I am having a problem ripping a CD to mp3 using the latest version of foobar2000.  When I select 'convert' I get a window that says 'please locate lame.exe'.  When I open the components folder, there are only drivers listed, but no lame.exe file to select.  I can't get past this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reply #1
you need to acquire lame.exe by yourself. it's not bundled with foobar. try here: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

Reply #3
drivers?   

i use the very first zip file myself and that contains lame.exe - that's all you need. obviously you need to extract it from the zip first before foobar can use it.

Reply #4
drivers?   

i use the very first zip file myself and that contains lame.exe - that's all you need. obviously you need to extract it from the zip first before foobar can use it.

Thanks for your help.  I opened the zip file and selected lame_enc.dll and dragged it to the components folder an it still doesn't work.  Sorry, I'm not to computer savvy.

Reply #5
Wrong file, take lame.exe instead.

It might only read lame for you if you've hidden file extensions.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #6
Wrong file, take lame.exe instead.

It might only read lame for you if you've hidden file extensions.

It works!!  Thank you so much for your help.