Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: winamp not reading wavpack tags properly (Read 2576 times) previous topic - next topic

winamp not reading wavpack tags properly

I know that wavpack isn't officially supported by winamp but is there a plugin of some sort that will allow it to read wavpack tags.  I've tagged the files using "mp3tag" and in winamp the track numbers don't show up and a bit of the album title and or song name get cut off.  I could be doing something wrong too I suppose.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Cheers!

winamp not reading wavpack tags properly

Reply #1
Seems like the WavPack plugin for Winamp prefers ID3v1 tags (which are kinda limited in length) to APEv2 tags.

Just remove the ID3v1 tags of your files and save only APEv2 tags instead ("Options, Tags, Ape/Mpc/..." in Mp3tag). The plugin should read the APEv2 tags now.

Best regards,
~ Florian