Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XMMS and Wavpack (Read 4259 times) previous topic - next topic

XMMS and Wavpack

I installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu Linux and updated it to Breezy.
Now i have the latest packets installed. But no plugins for XMMS-Wavpack.

I downloaded that one from wavpack.com copied it to the plugins folder but it wont be loaded by xmms.
What Im doing wrong?  I saw there is that LAMIP player that supports a lot of formats but i will only stick with it when there is no other choice.

Forum search and google give me not very usefull  advices.

XMMS and Wavpack

Reply #1
I had the same problem under FC4. It would not work from the local plugin directory or the system input directory. Never found a solution.

Edit-spelling
--
Eric

XMMS and Wavpack

Reply #2
Maybe you guys can contact Kuniklo and ask for guidance? Maybe report whatever errors you might be experiencing...

XMMS and Wavpack

Reply #3
It didn't work using the precompiled binary in local plugin directory?

Anyway WavPack XMMS plugin are very alpha, and it seems Kuniklo haven't developed it for a long time. Anyway, if anybodys competent, source can be found here ( hint, hint  ).
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

XMMS and Wavpack

Reply #4
i've had it working with debian SID (rarewares) for a while now -

if doesn't work now, then perhaps it is a GCC4 issue.  i'll check when i get home (i'll need to recompile on my dev box at home).

[edit]
btw, LAMIP is pretty amazing - try 0.0.3rc (you'll need to compile from source until i package it for RW/Debian)

it seems about that time to update the RW/Debian packages again...

[edit2]
i've just tried the RW/Debian xmms-wavpack plugin and it seems to playback at warp speed.
i'll take a look at it.

i'm pretty sure that kuniklo is AFK/MIA/etc.

later

XMMS and Wavpack

Reply #5
You should launch xmms from the command line and see what messages you get, if any. Depending on the options used when compiling xmms, you might have to create subdirectories in your ~/.xmms/Plugins dir. On my setup, libwavpack.so is located in ~/.xmms/Plugins/Input/.

Edit: nevermind, putting plugins in ~/.xmms/Plugins/ directly works no matter what.

Also issue the following command in the directory where libwavpack.so is located:
Code: [Select]
$ ldd libwavpack.so

and see what it says. If you find a line that says "not found" then you're missing a library.

XMMS and Wavpack

Reply #6
(I copied the plugin to my home directory and the original location of xmms for sure)

Code: [Select]
nin9@biatch64:/home/nin9/# sudo xmms
/usr/lib/xmms/Input/libwavpack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Sorry I gave up with xmms.

Now I wanted to take a look on Lamip, but I have absolutely no idea how to install/compile it.
Already checked Google and Wiki for some Howto or guides...nothing.
I'm a completely new to Linux.....using it for 3 days now, sorry for my incompetence
but everyone had to start once from the beginning

xmixahlx are you going to package it in the next weeks ? 

[edit typos]