Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help me with id3V2 and mp3 nemes in eac, please! (Read 4124 times) previous topic - next topic

Help me with id3V2 and mp3 nemes in eac, please!

So, i using eac with lame 3.97b2 and have
-b 320 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d
in an "additional command line options" in "external compression" and %T - %A in "ID3 Tag" (in compression options).

1) So, i have a problem! My mp3 tracks are named like this "03. Sonorous ,  Protonic.mp3" with stupied comma! But i want it to be "03. Sonorous -  Protonic.mp3"!
What is wromg in my options? What should i do?

2) What does it mean "%s %d" in "additional command line options"?

Thanx!

Reply #1
2) What does it mean "%s %d" in "additional command line options"?

%s is source
%d is destination

Reply #2
hmmm, it replaces "/" from freedb in main eac window with ","! How can i fix it?

%s is source
%d is destination
what for is it?

Reply #3
there's an option in EAC for filename. that where filenames options are made i think.

Reply #4
hmmm, it replaces "/" from freedb in main eac window with ","! How can i fix it?

%s is source
%d is destination
what for is it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353972"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The "/" character is used to distinguish folders from one another in the windows path.  That is why Windows substitutes it with a ",".  Try using a "-" instead.

Reply #6
The forward slash / cannot be used in the filename, only in the path, that's why it is replaced by whatever you specify in EAC Options -> Filename -> Use various artist naming equivalent. Looks like you specified the comma ,.

Reply #8
Well, I cannot exactly tell from the pic you posted in post #6, but it appears that EAC is passing what should be "Track / Artist" information as just "Track".  That is why the "/" is being converted to a ",".  Are you ripping these files as a Various Artist format?  As I said, I cannot tell from the placement of the options window in your pic in post #6.

Reply #9
As kockroach says, looks like you neeed to check the "Various Artists" checkbox just below the CD Title and CD Artist text boxes.  The should have been checked by the freeDB download, but I guess it wasn't.

You have a VA disc with VA tracklistings, but it isn't checked as being a VA disc.
I'm on a horse.