Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Soundblaster X-Fi (Read 7142 times) previous topic - next topic

Soundblaster X-Fi

just recently purchased a soundblaster x-fi, just wondering what settings i should use with this card and foobar2000, bit depth, buffer, resampling, etc...

i must say the x-fi is a major improvement over the previous soundblaster versions, at least to my ears, and finally some drivers you can actually use. 
Fire always makes it better - the Offspring

Soundblaster X-Fi

Reply #1
Good question.  I have a Audigy2 Plat.  I got it for the front i/o panel and it seems to work very well.
It's due for a good DEGAUSSIN'

Soundblaster X-Fi

Reply #2
just recently purchased a soundblaster x-fi, just wondering what settings i should use with this card and foobar2000, bit depth, buffer, resampling, etc...

i must say the x-fi is a major improvement over the previous soundblaster versions, at least to my ears, and finally some drivers you can actually use. 

Hi, I have a soundblaster x-fi as well and I'm using the ASIO driver output (http://www.foobar2000.org/components/index.html). Works like a charm. The output depth is automatically set to 32-bit and I'm using 1000ms output buffer. AFAIK no dithering is necessary at this output depth.

/Kef

Soundblaster X-Fi

Reply #3
Set the card to Audio Creation Mode for bitperfect playback.

Soundblaster X-Fi

Reply #4

Definately  I coultn't get this to work with Winamp.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Soundblaster X-Fi

Reply #6

Definately  I coultn't get this to work with Winamp.

How do you run/configure this asio?

No idea, I don't use ASIO configs. But I've wondered why I can edit ASIO directly for my onboard nForce4 audio, and not X-fi out of the box...
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Soundblaster X-Fi

Reply #7

Hi, I have a soundblaster x-fi as well and I'm using the ASIO driver output (http://www.foobar2000.org/components/index.html). Works like a charm. The output depth is automatically set to 32-bit and I'm using 1000ms output buffer. AFAIK no dithering is necessary at this output depth. 

/Kef

mine is locked to 24bit when I choose Output device: Creative ASIO