Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 662949 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #675
is it something wrong with metadata expresion in extended search: MISSING?
it always gives ALL lybrary items, for ex. [font= "Courier New"]%title% MISSING[/font] results in ALL items

now i know that PRESENT, and some time expressions: DURING, SINCE, BEFORE, AFTER are part of foobar's query syntax and not playlist generator's but i think it would be great if implemented here

[edit] i should have searched better  it's mentioned couple of times even in this topic
checked:
TITLE MISSING working
title MISSING working

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #676
Is there a way to make it create a new playlist for each search results?  I know I can rename the playlist to avoid it being overwritten, but I always forget plus I'm lazy.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #677
Not at the moment

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #678
What about "Append search string to playlist name"?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #679
A new search would still replace the last generated playlist.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #680
@NEMO7538

I have a request: couldn't you add the option not to activate the target playlist?
I have a separate ELPlaylist set to the search result playlist and I would like that playlist to just show the search results, without affecting the current active playlist.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #681
this component is no longer in development? i only ask because there is a bug. when u paste something u KNOW u have in ur library in there it turns up in red like its not there but then u left click on the graphic>(and select something like)search in>database, and the search results then work. has noone else come across this?
im only really posting in this topic so much because there is no other alternative for CUI

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #682
I think it only happens in autosearch mode, for which using cut & paste is not recommended (unless you clear the query string first) since pasting a string may lead to refining a previous search, thus explaining the unfound results.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #683
Any updates yet, NEMO? And the links no longer works.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #684
Any updates yet, NEMO? And the links no longer works.
If there were updates you would see it in the first post. Both links in the first post are working here.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #685
Is there a way to make artist Quick Searches work with multiple artist entries? For example, I'd not like to only get results that follow the exact string "Eminem; Dr. Dre" but to get a combined search result for "Eminem" and "Dr. Dre".

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #687
That's not what I mean. I had the context menu's option "Quicksearch for same .../Artist" in my mind. By default, it does a search for the whole artist string without checking for multiple artists. Is this changeable?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #688
Yes, but not planned.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #689
Do you know of any method (be it using WSH Panel Mod or something else) to send custom user search strings to foobar2000?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #690
@NEMO:

please make a option to not activate target playlist!

thanks for this great plugin, couldn't live without it!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #691
Love this plugin. Between the search bar itself and the quicksearch for same ______ I have assigned to buttons, this takes my foobar to the next level in a big way.

If you ever get back into developing it, I'd love to quicksearch for same album artist (the BAND tag) or configurable quicksearch for same ____ in the options.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #692
I like the search for artist or search for title function. An option to keep the search string in search box would be great. So it would be easy to alter the search string and search for a track that is named a little bit different.

Another interesting option would be to define character groups whose elements are treated as similar characters when searching. For example searching for "Tiesto" would also find "Tiësto".

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #693
An option to keep the search string in search box would be great. So it would be easy to alter the search string and search for a track that is named a little bit different.
Untick "Reset search string when successfull"

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #694
Another interesting option would be to define character groups whose elements are treated as similar characters when searching. For example searching for "Tiesto" would also find "Tiësto".

$ascii(x)
Returns X with all non-ASCII characters replaced with closest ASCII matches. Useful for sanitizing filenames when interacting with other software that can't handle Unicode.

change your tagz-strings from
Standard --> %artist% %album% %track%
to
Standard --> $ascii(%artist%) $ascii(%album%) $ascii(%track%)

same for artist,  album, album (artist)

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #695
Hi.

I've got a little problem with Quick Search Toolbar.
Everytime I search anything, the results go into a new playlist, but if I start a new search, the previous playlist is replaced by the new one, so I cannot continue listening to the first playlist Quick Search created.

I wonder if is possible to create a new playlist for every search.

Sorry for bad english and thanks in advance for replies.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #696
In searchbar preferences select "Append search string to playlist name".