Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can foobar show total size of >1TB of data? (Read 1615 times) previous topic - next topic

How can foobar show total size of >1TB of data?

Hello,

I'm using Foobar2000 with the standard interface. I have a media library which exceeds 1TB in size (it's about 1.1TB). When I use the Info panel to calculate the total size of all files, the info disappears. It does appear only when my selected library parts are less than 1TB. Is it one of the software's limitations? Is there any way to show the total size info for libraries bigger than 1TB?

Reply #1
What is the "info panel"?
To get the total file size of my library, I would do a
1. Main Menu > Library > Search
2. Enter "ALL"
3. Select all results (Ctrl+A)
4. Right-click and select "Properties"
5. Tab "Properties" has an entry "Total size" which shows the total file size instantly - at least for my <200 GB library.

Reply #2
What is the "info panel"?

selection properties is basically the properties dialog>properties tab in a panel.

Reply #3
I have foobar2000 1.2.3 and also set up a Properties panel in the standard UI. Right after starting up program I selected all files and indeed the Total size field disappeared. The breakeven point in my case was at 257GB
8968 items. Item 8969 made the the Total size not being displayed. But hitting the rightclick menu with mouse on selection did show up the total size. After this I tried selecting other files and total size was shown every time in the Properties panel, no matter how many items were selected. Then I realized my hard drives had just stopped crackling. This might have to do with some background updating? Console doesn't tell anything.

Reply #4
Nevermind, my problem got solved all by itself. Yes, I was using Selection Properties, accidentally referred to it as "info".