Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Native ASIO for Realtek (Read 20639 times) previous topic - next topic

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #1
you got a PN.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #2
Can someone please describe what all this is useful for? What does "Native ASIO for Realtek" mean exactly? What can you do with it? How do you use it? It is an addon...for what? What is a PN?

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #3
Are you familiar with ASIO?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Stream_Input/Output

In simple words. An native ASIO is made by the audio chipmaker, so it can support the audiochip native functions and should work on a very low level(can access kernel mode instead beeing limited to user mode functions). So it should have lower latency and better support for special functions, like more channel or something.

The other option would be software like ASIO4ALL, it has more limit functionality than most native ASIO.

In my case I am interested because ASIO4ALL dont provide the functions I need, so I wanna take a look what this native driver can do.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #4
I already know that ASIO is used for audio hardware low-level communications.
What does "just an addon" mean exactly? How do you use the files posted here? ...do you just copy them into some folder and Bob's your uncle ...or is there something else to know.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #5
 http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373204

Native ASIO for Realtek

Post #1 by Mangix - Jan 7, 2013

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/Realtek%20ASIO.zip . . . I pulled these off of ASRock's specific drivers for Realtek Audio which include this. AFAIK this is just an addon.
  The original drivers:  ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/All/Audio/Audio_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(6728).zip

Post #2 by Anarion - Jan 7, 2013

Well well... That does indeed work (you can't have multiple instances like with Creative ASIO though). Original driver link is broken though and googling that driver number   (Audio_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(6728)), I can't find it inside that.

Post #3 by Mangix - Jan 8, 2013

AFAIK, this is similar to WASAPI exclusive mode in the sense that the audo output is dedicated. . . . No idea on what the differences in sound quality or CPU usage are though.

Post #4 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Trying to use any plugin like ASIO to get a bit better sound on a Realtek or other on-board, is like trying to sweep a dirt floor. . . . Best advice, if you are interested in good sound is to get yourself a better source and stop wasting your time!

Post #5 by Mangix - Jan 9, 2013

Have to agree with that. But given realek audio, it's better than the alternatives. . . . Anyway, I posted this since I recently rediscovered it and since google searches come up empty on the topic.

Post #6 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Why do you still use it? . . . Even the best of the bad is still, well BAD! . . . You are obviously into sound if you spend time around the audio forums. It is cool that you are doing what you can to choke every last bit of quality out of that onboard but it is really a lost cause. Grab a soundcard or external DAC and enjoy higher quality sound.

Post #7 by Anarion - Jan 9, 2013

I have good excuse: waiting for proper drivers for Forte (because without drivers it sound garbage). Listening to music is pretty horrible now, all the clarity and fine detail is gone (sounds muddy). I hope that I don't have to keep torturing myself long.

Post #8 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Bummer for sure! Onboard sounds so awful after you are used to having higher end sound quality.

Post #9 by Mangix - Jan 9, 2013

> ...........................
      > Post #6 by ROBSCIX
      >
      > Why do you still use it? . . . Even the best of the bad is still, well BAD!
      > You are obviously into sound if you spend time around the audio forums.
      > ............................

I don't really have any fancy equipment. Perhaps if I ever invested in some speakers I would consider a sound card. Then again, this motherboard has an optical output so I can just hook up a receiver to do all the conversion(I have a Pioneer receiver laying around).

Post #10 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Something to think about anyway. . . . You will find many of around here have pretty Involved systems. . . . If you have an old receiver kicking around, USE IT! Scrounge some speakers and hook them up. . . Why not? . . . It can only increase your system enjoyment for basically any AV task.

Post #11 by Mangix - Jan 9, 2013

The current speakers that I use (2.1) basically have a 3.5mm connector with their own amplifier. I noticed better audio quality with the receiver but at the end of the day, that receiver is meant to be used with real speakers(I used the front headphone port with an adapter to connect the current speakers, no wire splicing :B).

Post #12 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

I meant scrounge some passive speakers to be used with the receiver! . . . or use what you have . . . It was only a suggestion.
[/font]

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #6
What does "just an addon" mean exactly?

How do you use the files posted here?

...do you just copy them into some folder and Bob's your uncle ...or is there something else to know.

My guess. An addon means its an optional feature, so its not contained in all realtek drivers.

How to use? I will just try depending on filetype. My problem was the download link in the startpost isn't working for me, got error 404, file not found.

I am not a native english speaker, if this uncle bob thing means something than I dont got the joke, sorry.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #7
Without a working link and further information, this thread isn't going anywhere.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #8
Bob's your uncle - Wikipedia

As far as I'm concerned, I've got all the info I need in Post #6.
Basically speaking, this solution is an attempt to extract shit from clay. . . . unless somebody with supreme technical authority can prove otherwise.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #9
Not claiming to be authority, but the Guru3D conversation is nonsense. ASIO is about low latency interface for purposes and programs that require it. That is all. Unless you are making music and require near realtime response it serves no practical purpose.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #10
@ManekiNeko
So far I can tell you the mentioned files are part of the older Asus driver files for some notebooks. I found them for example in Audio_Realtek_SM_Win7_64_Z6016559, a short search will show up several download sources. The archive will contain a folder "ASIO" with 3 files. I didnt install the driver from Asus, for this I took the Realtek reference driver 2.71. Just execute the install. exe from the ASIO folder to get ASIO support is all I did.
Since the purpose of my research dont match with the arguments the forum has against realtek I will just leave it alone from here, I didnt need a discussion, just the files. Thanks for the support anyway

@derty2
I found the other thread with all the arguments and without working link already before. Like I said before the arguments didnt match my case so I thought I just ignore it. Just to calm down all the worried audiophile user, I own also a XiFi and know the difference to onboard soundchips, hope this helps somehow to avoid ppl falling into noisy nightmares
Thanks for the explaining this english idiom.

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #11
Anybody knows how to uninstall this asio driver? I was tempted enough to try it, but it's very glitchy and produces a horribly high latency for me. And no I can't figure out how to uninstall. So be careful when trying this

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #13
Didnt note a latency raise. Anyway, it seems to me the only installation is a regsvr for the dll and copying the controll panel programm in C:\windows.
So just open a cmd and input ...

Code: [Select]
cd /d %windir%
del rtasiocp.exe
cd system32\rtcom
regsvr32 /u rthdasio.dll

I guess this should do the uninstall job. Maybe there are some registry entries left, I didnt test i through so far.
I would like to know how did you experience a raised latency?

Native ASIO for Realtek

Reply #14
Isn't it? 

Thanks, already done that. And I manually deleted all entries left in the registry, so I guess it's gone for good (good riddance). The latency problem persists though. Even with no input at all cubase shows a high asio load. Before this mishap I could set the asio4all buffersize to 96 and get decent latency and a stable performance. Now anything below 256 samples buffer gets me an immediate asio overload (and this without any input) and even on that setting I get frequent dropouts and crashes. I guess it must be my Soundmax HD audio driver then