Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Preferred procedure/settings to convert 24/96 FLAC down to 16/44.1? (Read 4696 times) previous topic - next topic

Preferred procedure/settings to convert 24/96 FLAC down to 16/44.1?

With flac files, what is the preferred procedure/conversion settings for doing this with foobar?

Reply #1
First, get the DSP component by lvqcl that uses SoX's resampling routines (available here) .

Then, when setting up a preset, go to "processing" and configure the DSP as per your need (remember to set it as active, too), and when choosing the output format, select 16 as the bit depth.

At least that's how I do it, and it works brilliantly. Note that the DSP is based on SoX 16.2.0, while the most recent version of SoX is 16.4.0, but I don't think there have been any changes to the algorithm at all.

Reply #2
First, get the DSP component by lvqcl that uses SoX's resampling routines (available here) .

Then, when setting up a preset, go to "processing" and configure the DSP as per your need (remember to set it as active, too), and when choosing the output format, select 16 as the bit depth.

At least that's how I do it, and it works brilliantly. Note that the DSP is based on SoX 16.2.0, while the most recent version of SoX is 16.4.0, but I don't think there have been any changes to the algorithm at all.

Hi,

With what version of f2k do you use it?
I did try "foo_dsp_resampler_0.7.6" with v.1.1.11 and it doesn't work for me...

Any idea?

Reply #3
considering the upload page was last updated on the 2nd march and the developer is a very active member here, i find it highly unlikely it doesn't work with the current version of foobar. can you be more explicit about your problem? have you added it your active DSPs and configured it? or do you get errors installing it or starting foobar? you need to give more detail if you expect any help.... 

Reply #4
I can't add and activate it as i've got this message
"Could not load component "foo_dsp_0.7.6.zip": Unsupported format or corrupted file

Reply #5
You'll probably need to unzip the file and then install it.

Reply #6
Or you could, you know, ask foobar2000 to install it for you. All you need to do is open the Preferences dialog, and select the Components page at the top of the list. Either click the Install... button and locate the ZIP, or drag the ZIP onto the Components page.

If the ZIP file were named .fb2k-component like it should be now, it would automatically be associated with foobar2000 and offer to install if you double click it.

Reply #7
Thanks for all suggestions...

I downloaded  "foo_dsp_resampler_0.7.6" from http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=67373

It's a .zip file and when i try to open it with winRAR, I've got this message
C:\Documents and Settings\vessa\Mes documents\Downloads\foo_dsp_resampler_0.7.6.zip: Unexpected end of archive

This file seems to be corrupted!

Any idea were I can download "normal" one?

Reply #8
Try to redownload, clean your browser's cache, etc.

(the size of foo_dsp_resampler_0.7.6.zip is 124,444 bytes, btw)

Reply #9
many thanks lvqcl

loaded it again with my second PC and now everything is OK