IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Columns UI, Monolite PLUS skin: Sorting by Album Artist, moved from General - (fb2k)
Sushii
post Dec 23 2013, 20:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113499

Hi guys, smile.gif
I have been browsing the internet looking for a way to sort my foobar2000 library by album artist rather than artist alone. Every solution I have tried so far has not worked dry.gif . Think anyone may be able to help me? Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Daeron
post Dec 24 2013, 08:06
Post #2

Member No.: 59818

Without knowing what exact components you are using (Default UI/Columns UI, any additional components installed) it's hard to give exact help.

However you can check the options page of the panel you are using and replace any occurrences of %artist% with %album artist%.
+Quote Post
Sushii
post Dec 25 2013, 03:18
Post #3

Member No.: 113499

QUOTE (Daeron @ Dec 24 2013, 00:06) *
Without knowing what exact components you are using (Default UI/Columns UI, any additional components installed) it's hard to give exact help.

However you can check the options page of the panel you are using and replace any occurrences of %artist% with %album artist%.

I am using Columns UI with the Monolite PLUS skin. I have tried the above and I didn't seem to change anything as my Various Artists albums were still separated. Let me know if I need to give you anymore information.
+Quote Post
Daeron
post Dec 25 2013, 08:40
Post #4

Member No.: 59818

Posting a picture of what you see would be helpful. Are we talking about modifying the library viewer(/browser)'s pattern to create a branch based on ALBUM ARTIST or is the generated playlist based on that simply out of order/heavily segmented?

If the latter, there are generally three things to look out for. One is 'Preferences/Shell integration/Sort incoming files by' which sets the sorting order for files added from windows explorer. Then there's the playlist viewer's (NG Playlist / EsPlaylist / ELPlaylist etc.) own preferences: sorting and grouping. If the latter is set to ARTIST only, VA albums will end up broken up track by track.

This post has been edited by Daeron: Dec 25 2013, 08:56
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:29