Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI, Monolite PLUS skin: Sorting by Album Artist (Read 2727 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI, Monolite PLUS skin: Sorting by Album Artist

Hi guys,   
I have been browsing the internet looking for a way to sort my foobar2000 library by album artist rather than artist alone. Every solution I have tried so far has not worked  . Think anyone may be able to help me? Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Without knowing what exact components you are using (Default UI/Columns UI, any additional components installed) it's hard to give exact help.

However you can check the options page of the panel you are using and replace any occurrences of %artist% with %album artist%.

Reply #2
Without knowing what exact components you are using (Default UI/Columns UI, any additional components installed) it's hard to give exact help.

However you can check the options page of the panel you are using and replace any occurrences of %artist% with %album artist%.

I am using Columns UI with the Monolite PLUS skin. I have tried the above and I didn't seem to change anything as my Various Artists albums were still separated. Let me know if I need to give you anymore information.

Reply #3
Posting a picture of what you see would be helpful. Are we talking about modifying the library viewer(/browser)'s pattern to create a branch based on ALBUM ARTIST or is the generated playlist based on that simply out of order/heavily segmented?

If the latter, there are generally three things to look out for. One is 'Preferences/Shell integration/Sort incoming files by' which sets the sorting order for files added from windows explorer. Then there's the playlist viewer's (NG Playlist / EsPlaylist / ELPlaylist etc.) own preferences: sorting and grouping. If the latter is set to ARTIST only, VA albums will end up broken up track by track.