Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 355657 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #425
hey, can someone send me their foobar with the navigator suite in a zip file or something, I just dont know what I'm doing.

my email is soaddiction@gmail.com

i just dont have the time or patience to figure it out so if someone could please send me it, that'd be great.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #426
Sorry to say this, But you're probably using the wrong audio player in that case.
Applying navigator to an existing foobar install is around 4-5 clicks.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #427
BIG BIG THANX FOR NAVIGATOR!!!

cool stuff

and btw, maybe some short words about "how to install/apply" on the front page or in the zip-included htm would be handy (or maybe i just have not found them). guess not all new foobar users will know that it´s kinda config to load/import.
just some noob help.

again, great work!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #429
Hello Lyx!

Some weeks ago you wrote following:

New features will appear in Navigator 2.0.0 to be released someday in the future (yes, no ETA at all). Since 2.0.0 will be a complete redesign almost from scratch, feature proposals which asume an 1.4.x style workflow will be useless. Radical and avantgardistic ideas are welcome as long as they are reasonable. However, 2.0.0 is a long way of, so i cannot give any definitive answers to proposals - i will however read every proposal and consider it.

So let me present the most simple form of my idea without having enough knowledge if it  is realizable at all:

The display mode in ColumnUi is determined by the name of the playlist name. It would be fantastic if displaymode is determined by sorting!

Here an example: you have a plugin similar like foo_custom_sort or you use "sort by..." in main menu. If you sort your playlist by title you have single mode and if  you sort it by album you have album mode. An enhanced model could look like that: If you sort by date, then by album and then by title you have three columns: The first column contains the date and only the first entry of the date is displayed (date mode), the second is album mode and the third one contains the tracks.

I know that changes to ColumnsUi has to be made, but i just wanted to mention this idea.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #430
There would be no single or albummode anymore. Albums and Singles would automatically be recognized without the need for exotic tags. Thus, the display would automatically adapt to display stuff optimally.

As for sorting and changes to columns ui - i did propose sort-related changes exactly because of the scenario which you describe. It ended up in a flamewar between me and musicmusic, with the result that i'm not interested anymore to contribute to columns UI.

Thus, the future of Navigator 2.0.0 as well is uncertain. If it will happen, then probably for a different UI. Ironically, the change of priorities benefited me: I have been less interested in foobar since quite a while, because other projects of me were more interesting to me. The finishing of Navigator 1.4.x and the drive to create 2.0.0 were more because of altruistic reasons.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #431
Anyone?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #432
Is there a little chance when gras is grown over the thing you may change your decision? 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #433
In this universe, nothing is impossible........ it just becomes more and more unprobable :-P

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #434
the bonus stuff mentioned in your readme file in the zip where do i put it ?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #435
Since that the official play statistics component written by Peter is updated with 1st played tag. (And he allready added statistics to tags writting earlier)
Will you now update the navigator suite to use the official one too?? I would rather use the official component but i believe its not working yet with navigator.
Or am I wrong?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #436
Since that the official play statistics component written by Peter is updated with 1st played tag. (And he allready added statistics to tags writting earlier)
Will you now update the navigator suite to use the official one too?? I would rather use the official component but i believe its not working yet with navigator.
Or am I wrong?

it's REALLY easy to change it yourself. look for play_counter and replace it with play_count

there are some other things too but you should be fine with high school level programming knowledge.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #437
Ok thanks I will try.
I was asking bc I cant test right now as im at work and I remembered a discussion in this thread that it did not quite work before.
I also thought the first played and last played tags had a different timestamp format. But it seems like its easier afterall...

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #438
I'm now using the official playback statistics component, version 1.3.1.
The playcounter works nice but the daily plays and last played columns fail to work due to the new timestamp format this component uses.

Below are the tags I have on my files now. The first three are from the official component. The last two are from the unofficial one that I kept. (Only the tags not the component iteself!)

<FIRST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP> : 128007951550781250
<LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP> : 128007951550781250
<PLAY_COUNT> : 3
<FIRST_PLAYED> : 2006-06-26 18:57:15
<LAST_PLAYED> : 2006-07-24 14:27:17

Can someone help me with the code to convert the first played timestamp (128007951550781250) to the first played date format (2006-06-26 18:57:15) the navigator-suite uses?

<EDIT>
Hmm.. I have found out that if I delete the fist_played and last_played tags from my files, foobar is able to retrieve the right date format by just using %first_played% and %last_played% in your script.

But I would still like to have my last played and fist played dates to be converted to the new timestamp format!
Does anyone know how to do this?
</EDIT>

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #439
Is there any way to get this to work with the official playcount plugin?
I tried everything but i still cant get the last played tab working! The last played time is ok but it keeps saying -today- for al my files.

Somebody wants to help me on this?
I would like to use the official one bc its written by peter and just behaves better on my machine.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #440
I'm now using the official playback statistics component, version 1.3.1.
The playcounter works nice but the daily plays and last played columns fail to work due to the new timestamp format this component uses.

Below are the tags I have on my files now. The first three are from the official component. The last two are from the unofficial one that I kept. (Only the tags not the component iteself!)

<FIRST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP> : 128007951550781250
<LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP> : 128007951550781250
<PLAY_COUNT> : 3
<FIRST_PLAYED> : 2006-06-26 18:57:15
<LAST_PLAYED> : 2006-07-24 14:27:17

Can someone help me with the code to convert the first played timestamp (128007951550781250) to the first played date format (2006-06-26 18:57:15) the navigator-suite uses?

<EDIT>
Hmm.. I have found out that if I delete the fist_played and last_played tags from my files, foobar is able to retrieve the right date format by just using %first_played% and %last_played% in your script.

But I would still like to have my last played and fist played dates to be converted to the new timestamp format!
Does anyone know how to do this?
</EDIT>

I create next script  to decode LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP to LAST_PLAYED

Code: [Select]
$if(%last_played_timestamp%,$puts(second_day,$div($mod($add(%last_played_timestamp%,144000000000),864000000000),10000000))
$puts(days_after,$div($sub(%last_played_timestamp%,127805184000000000),864000000000))
$ifgreater($get(days_after),242,$puts(month_after,09)$puts(days_of_month,$sub($get(days_after),242)),$ifgreater($get(days_after),211,$puts(month_after,08)$puts(days_of_month,$sub($get(days_after),211)),$ifgreater($get(days_after),180,$puts(month_after,07)$puts(days_of_month,$sub($get(days_after),180)),)))2006-$get(month_after)-$num($get(days_of_month),2) $put(hh,$num($div($get(second_day),3600),2)):$put(mm,$num($div($mod($get(second_day),3600),60),2)):$num($mod($get(second_day),60),2),%last_played%)

Create new column and paste this code in it.

Moderation: Changed CODE to CODEBOX in order to preserve forum layout.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #441
I create next script  to decode LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP to LAST_PLAYED

$if(%last_played_timestamp%,$puts(second_day,$div($mod($add(%last_played_timestamp%,144000000000),864000000000),10000000))
$puts(days_after,$div($sub(%last_played_timestamp%,127805184000000000),864000000000))
$ifgreater($get(days_after),242,$puts(month_after,09)$puts(days_of_month,$sub($get(days_after),242)),$ifgreater($get(days_after),211,$puts(month_after,08)$puts(days_of_month,$sub($get(days_after),211)),$ifgreater($get(days_after),180,$puts(month_after,07)$puts(days_of_month,$sub($get(days_after),180)),)))2006-$get(month_after)-$num($get(days_of_month),2) $put(hh,$num($div($get(second_day),3600),2)):$put(mm,$num($div($mod($get(second_day),3600),60),2)):$num($mod($get(second_day),60),2),%last_played%)
Create new column and paste this code in it.

Thank you very much!
But I found out that you can still use %last_played% and %first_played% with the official playcount plygin. Although they are not file tags.
I will try the above out right away and if this works i'm happy with this solution too

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #442
In a long time I use unofficial foo_play_count plugin, but two month ago I change it to official version as unofficial don' work witn foobar and I don't want lose my statistic.

I return to unofficial version again when it is will updated.
Second reason of return is that last official version of play_count create FIRST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP in any case (if first_played already exist).

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #443
Hello all,

First off, I love Navigator, thanks for your work Lyx!    The aim of my post is to correct some of the code, which has been broken recently.  I hope you don't mind.

With the release of fb2k 0.9.4 beta 1, there are a couple of Technical Information tags that have been changed.  As such, some of the features of Navigator do not work exactly the same.  Specifically this relates to the code in the 4th line of the "Album - Mode" column, and the Technical Info presented in the Status bar.  I have made changes to the code to correct this  Here it is:

// set quality-info (bitrate, etc.)
$puts(quality,

$puts(ratio,
$if($or($strstr(%__encoding%,Lossy),$stricmp(%__codec%,DualStream)),,
$muldiv(%bitrate%,1000,
$div($mul(%samplerate%,%__bitspersample%,%__channels%),100)
)))
$ifgreater($get(ratio),0,$ifequal($get(ratio),100,,$get(ratio)'%' comp.)
,[%bitrate% Kbps ])

[$info(channels) channels]

$if($strcmp(%__codec%,MP3),' '$if(%__codec_profile%,$left(%__codec_profile%,3),CBR)
[' / '$upper($abbr(%__mp3_stereo_mode%))])
)

$puts(quality2,$replace($get(quality),[$info(bitrate_dynamic)],[$info(bitrate)]))

This code needs to be copied over the appropriate section in the Globals tab in the Playlist view section of Columns UI, and the Status Bar tab in the Title Formatting section (except for the last line of code--only for the Globals).

Enjoy.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #444
Before i dropped navigator, i was working on nav2.0 - it was abandonned in an unfinished yet very late state - so, it's aprox 70% finished. Album-mode however will NOT work, unless your files have a total tracks tag.

The reason for this is that i worked on nav2 with the intention of making use of contentgroups in ui columns (when they would be implemented). To start working on it before that feature was actually implemented in ui columns, i created two wrapper-vars in the globals which would act as an abstractionlayer between nav-contentgroup vars and actual application-features. Thus, currently the FCS internally already works with contentgroups, but via the abstraction-layer, it is fed with tracknumer and total tracks instead of contentgroup-total and contentgroup-index.

It also makes use of a new colorscheme approach (semantics-driven colorschemes instead of widget-driven colorschemes).

If someone is interested in continueing the work on it, then i can post the code. I will however provide zero support for it - so it would be "take it or leave it".

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #445
Before i dropped navigator, i was working on nav2.0 - it was abandonned in an unfinished yet very late state - so, it's aprox 70% finished. Album-mode however will NOT work, unless your files have a total tracks tag.

The reason for this is that i worked on nav2 with the intention of making use of contentgroups in ui columns (when they would be implemented). To start working on it before that feature was actually implemented in ui columns, i created two wrapper-vars in the globals which would act as an abstractionlayer between nav-contentgroup vars and actual application-features. Thus, currently the FCS internally already works with contentgroups, but via the abstraction-layer, it is fed with tracknumer and total tracks instead of contentgroup-total and contentgroup-index.

It also makes use of a new colorscheme approach (semantics-driven colorschemes instead of widget-driven colorschemes).

If someone is interested in continueing the work on it, then i can post the code. I will however provide zero support for it - so it would be "take it or leave it".

- Lyx

Please, post your code!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #446
The following code is unfinished and unsupported - take it or leave it:
[attachment=2529:attachment]

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #447
Thanks Lyx!  Even though it is "unfinished", it looks pretty good so far.  Thanks again for posting your FCS 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #448
Great code! Thanks for sharing it

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #449
I have made changes to the code to correct this
I've changed it another way. Maybe it will be usefull too.
// set quality-info (bitrate, etc.)
$puts(cp,[%__codec_profile%])
$puts(quality,$if($get(cp),
$if($strcmp(%codec%,MP3),[%bitrate%kbit]' '$get(cp)
[' / '$upper($abbr(%__mp3_stereo_mode%))],$get(cp))
$puts(ratio,
$if($or($strstr(%__compression%,Lossy),$stricmp(%codec%,DualStream)),,
$muldiv($info(bitrate),1000,
$div($mul(%samplerate%,$info(bitspersample),$channels()),100)
)))
$ifgreater($get(ratio),0,$ifequal($get(ratio),100,,$get(ratio)'%' compr.)
,[%bitrate%kbit])

[$info(mod_channels)ch]
))
$puts(quality2,$replace($get(quality),[$info(bitrate_dynamic)],[$info(bitrate)]))
Also I recommend to change width of "quality" column to 95.

PS: I hope I haven't mistaken anywhere. I've done it on the fly, my foobar and music are far from here
Sharing delusions since 1991.