Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Foobar Logo (Read 85119 times) previous topic - next topic

New Foobar Logo

Reply #100
Icons have all been made. All I need now is to get them working, anyone know to do this? PM me with your e-mail and I will send you the files.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #101
Just rename as they are named in this folder, foobar2000\icons\

Then zip them up and upload somewhere. =)

Looking forward to them, looks really nice!
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

New Foobar Logo

Reply #102
Its not that simple. I made two sets. One is meant for the 48x48 and 32x32's and the other for the 24x24 and 16x16 which don't have the black bar in the bottom. How do I make the icons switch from the 48/32's to the 24/16's when you switch to list view in windows?

The current Foobar Icons do that.

Hope I wasn't too confusing.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #103
Use something like Axialis Icon Workshop, then make one icon with all sizes.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

New Foobar Logo

Reply #104
If you want, I can turn all of the pngs into .ico. I will be glad to.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #105

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.  There are many ways to do this, but two good (and free) methods I have found to do this on Windows are:

png2ico - console app targeted at favicon generation, but I believe it will do multiple size png -> one ico'
Paint.NET with the Icon, Cursor and Animated Cursor plugin - Full raster image editing program

New Foobar Logo

Reply #106

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.  There are many ways to do this, but two good (and free) methods I have found to do this on Windows are:

png2ico - console app targeted at favicon generation, but I believe it will do multiple size png -> one ico'
Paint.NET with the Icon, Cursor and Animated Cursor plugin - Full raster image editing program

Just tried png2ico (since I generally prefer command line apps for things like that), unfortunately it doesn't seem to support 32bit colour (resulting icons are 8bit).

New Foobar Logo

Reply #107
Its not that simple. I made two sets. One is meant for the 48x48 and 32x32's and the other for the 24x24 and 16x16 which don't have the black bar in the bottom. How do I make the icons switch from the 48/32's to the 24/16's when you switch to list view in windows?

The current Foobar Icons do that.

Hope I wasn't too confusing.

What about 256x256 for vista?

New Foobar Logo

Reply #109
yes, please consider the Vista users...

New Foobar Logo

Reply #110
Another nice freeware icon editor: IcoFX
I only used it for some simple icon editing, but seems to have all the features needed (putting all sizes in one ico etc.).

Thanks for your work, very nice style.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #111
http://rapidshare.com/files/131994190/Foob...on_Set.rar.html

Here it is. I still couldn't figure out how to apply the 16x16 set I had to the current icons though. I had a specially made set that featured only the face, which made it scale well at 16x16. If anyone can figure out how it is you combine the two please let me know.

Also, I made a icon for the program itself, don't know how to apply it though.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #112
nice set, i can't seem to find WavPack icon, wv
and frog, should be renamed to ofr , just to let people know
could you also make a la, (lossless audio) icon too?
edit: as for the icon for the main program you just right click on the icon on your desktop , then go to properties and the select shortcut tab, and then change icon, and browse for that icon you wish to have.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #113
I added the wv, seems I had forgot it. I also renamed the frog to ofr. Now I need to make an fth, but if I can get the icon itself minus the logo I can manage that easily. Lastly, what does a LA look like?

Once I have all these I will update the pack I have now.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #114
good news, here is my version of la, (lossless audio)

edit: i'll check for my fth for you.
edit2: I got mine, want me to email it too you?

New Foobar Logo

Reply #115
Great job Luceo! I wonder if you could put an 128x128 icon in the files as well?
Another thing, I think the lines on those playlist icons are too thick... and imho the app icon doesn't really fit. Just my two cents
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

New Foobar Logo

Reply #117
A few comments:

1) the highlight on your user pic looks way better than the highlight on these icons; the highlight/sheen/whatever on the icons looks really out-of-place. Some don't even have it!

2) the MP2/MP3 icons have a completely different-looking gradient than the others

3) (edit: not used to round, sorry  )

The aliencat looks awesome, Luceo, but in terms of overall polish, I quite prefer your previous edition.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #118
Thanks a lot Luceo. Greatly appreciated. As far as canars post i feel the same for #1, and that your previous version was really eye catching (very nice)
edit: maybe you would re-do the 16x16?, does not have to be done but here is a side by side comparsion

yours on the left and the re-done version on the right (note: the one on the left, does not have the black border like that normaly, just click that image and you'll see the true image, sorry must be something wrong with the hosting.)

New Foobar Logo

Reply #119
I agree, it looked good on there, but it did not scale well. I will try again with the old sheen later. In the mean time, if anyone wants their own take on my icon set let me know and I can provide the original .pdf. Only ask if your confident in your photoshop skills.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #120
edit: maybe you would re-do the 16x16?, does not have to be done but here is a side by side comparsion

yours on the left and the re-done version on the right (note: the one on the left, does not have the black border like that normaly, just click that image and you'll see the true image, sorry must be something wrong with the hosting.)

Thats what I have been talking about. I did a specially made set just for 16x16 without the bar at the bottom. Thats why I was asking people how to incorporate them with the regular .ico's

New Foobar Logo

Reply #121
oh, well i would assume you can do the following, use the original file you made for the 16x16 design and use your icon creator/editor and copy and paste it over the existing 16x16 file and it should then scale it's self down to 16x16, and to the correct color bits.Example, 16x16 32 bits, then you should be able to delete your regular 16x16 and paste your new one instead in your icon creator and should be 16x16 32 bits. Then repeat process for the rest of the bits, 8, 4. (sorry if that doesn't sound clear, i do it very easily)sorry for the misunderstanding. Or you could import new image into the icon, and select that FILE you have specially made for the NEW 16x16, and you should be able to choose, size, and color bits.Still requires deleting your existing (old 16x16 one) for the NEW one to take the 16x16 place(works just as good)

New Foobar Logo

Reply #122
Glad to see some activity here. I was scared that my comments scared everyone away... :|

New Foobar Logo

Reply #124
http://www.towofu.net/soft/e-aicon.php i personally use this one.. supports vista icons, easy to use, free..
just drag ur icons there, select, right click. save as multiple icon

http://rv.pri.ee/foobar2kiconsetluceo.png

this is the preview of a set I made after your cat logo a few weeks ago..
check my version of 16x16 icons..maybe do something like this?

(it's rather easy to make pixel-perfect 16x16 icons with vector graphics editor. I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't use PS that much)

oh and svg version is here if you want a closer look
http://rv.pri.ee/Fb2k%20file%20formats2.svg