Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to Listen: A Course in How to Evaluate Sound Quality (Read 6627 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Listen: A Course in How to Evaluate Sound Quality

Next month, I will be giving a one day course on How to Listen at the 2011 ALMA Winter Symposium in Las Vegas held Jan. 4th and 5th, just prior to the CES show.

The symposium will also feature other courses, workshops and paper sessions on loudspeaker and headphone design, testing and evaluation. On the last day (Jan. 5),  I will chair a panel on Listening Tests featuring audio industry luminaries Dr. Floyd Toole (NRC and Harman),  Laurie Fincham (THX), and Professor Wolfgang Klippel.

You can register for my course and other events at the ALMA Symposium here. I have provided a preface for the How to Listen course here.

Cheers
Sean Olive
Audio Musings

How to Listen: A Course in How to Evaluate Sound Quality

Reply #1
What sorts of content are you planning to discuss? The brief is light on detail.