Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Free SBC encoder and decoder
darkbyte
post Aug 15 2013, 21:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91517

I'm looking for a free SBC encoder/decoder for my Windows box for evaulating the quality of SBC.

In some SoundExpert tests (look at the list on the right) i've seen there's an SBC Windows executable (sbc_encoder.exe) from Philips which can be run on Windows to encode SBC audio and it seems there's a companion decoder aswell. Does anybody knows if this is available anywhere online for downloading? I can't seem to find any info about it so it's either very rare or can be only accessed by partners of Philips.

I can't seem to find any other tool for this but maybe it's just hidden from me.

This post has been edited by darkbyte: Aug 15 2013, 21:12
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Heliologue
post Aug 16 2013, 00:45
Post #2

Member No.: 35303

The Multimedia.cx wiki references a Windows binary of reference [de|en]encoder as part of the A2DP test specification. Might not be a freely available kit, though. A cursory search doesn't return anything like that, anyway.
+Quote Post
darkbyte
post Aug 16 2013, 12:09
Post #3

Member No.: 91517

I thought about finding the reference implementation which is often available as a source code but i can't find that either. blink.gif
Also the Philips encoder would be more interesting than the reference encoder because later one is propably not fine tuned at all. But of course if we can find the reference code that would be more than nothing smile.gif

I even thought about stripping out the SBC encoder/decoder lib from BlueZ because it's the closest to what i like to experiment with. I guess it can only handle raw bitstreams. I don't know how difficult it would be to write a CLI wrapper around that.

This post has been edited by darkbyte: Aug 16 2013, 12:12
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:38