Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Query/title format to get the last time an album was played (Read 2223 times) previous topic - next topic

Query/title format to get the last time an album was played

Hello. My library is still organized the old-way by albums (ripped CDs) and i often play albums rather than playlists. However, i also have random pools active to select tracks/albums when i don't want to worry about selecting something manually. This means i can have an album that i didn't play for the last 3 months, but have one track on that albums that was played 2 days ago.

foo_playcount does only store per-tracks data so i don't have an easy way to know when was the last time the entire album was played. I searched for some way to do this with query syntax, but can't find any way to get the oldest of all the last played entries for an album. I'm missing something similar to the aggregate functions of SQL. Maybe i overlooked something.

Is there a way to do this with querry syntax and/or title format scripts. I know i can do this with SQL tree but i'd like to be able to get this information anywhere and not just in one component.

Reply #1
I don't know if this is the exact answer you want but it may be helpful (I use CUI interface)...

If we assume that entire album == directory containing a set of files

and we have a Filter panel in our layout for library viewing

then we can create some views like these:

History — Last Played (Directory Path), by Day
$cut(%last_played%,10)'      '$directory_path(%path%)

History — Last Played (Directory Path), by Day-Time
$cut(%last_played%,10)-$replace($time(%last_modified%),' ',,'-',,':',)'      '$directory_path(%path%)

Reply #2
No, there are no general aggregation operations.

What derty2 suggests above groups tracks by date, which runs into the problem mentioned in the OP where a track has different play dates from the rest of the album.

Reply #3
Mhh OK. Thanks for confirmation.
Might be a feature request then.

Reply #4
but can't find any way to get the oldest of all the last played entries for an album

it's probably possible to do this with WSH panel mod. it could loop through every track in a playlist and display the earliest play date for each album. i might be able to knock something up if you're interested.

Re: Query/title format to get the last time an album was played

Reply #5
Reviving this topic with same question.

Facets has the last played statistic which groups by album, so essentially it shows the album last played = the last played track within the album grouping.

Is there way to achieve something similar for adding those albums to an autoplaylist?