Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_osd (Read 122859 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_osd

Hello !

I'm using foobar since 0.7 and I like it ! Using Foo_osd too, but I miss some function... With the last port for Foobar 0.9, I don't know how to display OSD with a keyboard shortcut. Is there any way ?

Thanks !

Foo_osd

Reply #1
No, i noticed that too, i think he got rid of that feature. :/

As an alternative (sort of, depending on how you use it) you can set the OSD to display when you pause the track. That's what i did. Better than nothing.
~

Foo_osd

Reply #2
I did it. But I miss this feature.
I hope its great developer will add this again !

Foo_osd

Reply #3
I miss it too. You can use built-in fb2k tray notification instead or PrettyPopup component.

Foo_osd

Reply #4
Yeah, that's right. But I prefer OSD. And I dismissed the tray icon, because of OSD use... so, if there is any maioration possibility of this great plugin it would be nice.

Foo_osd

Reply #7
I also would like to use shortcuts for the foo_osd component! In my previous (8.3)setup it was the only way I used it.

btw, can someone tell me the difference between the 'normal' and the gdi+ version?
Please don't mind my bad English.
Foobar2000 PWNGz.. a lot.. hope it stays that way

Foo_osd

Reply #8
I also would like to use shortcuts for the foo_osd component! In my previous (8.3)setup it was the only way I used it.

btw, can someone tell me the difference between the 'normal' and the gdi+ version?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377071"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it uses microsofts gdi+ graphics library to draw to screen.. no idea what that means for the end user..

Foo_osd

Reply #9
I've seen no difference, except the GDI+ version need much more resource. Visually, it is quite the same.

Foo_osd

Reply #10
hello
I'm using foobar 0.8.3 and I'm looking for Foo_osd.dll but I only found the 0.9 version
So if anybody can give me an adress to download it 
Thanks

Foo_osd

Reply #11
Here it is : http://kode54.foobar2000.org/

[Mode prayer on]
Kode54, if you are listening to us,
please add a menu
and a keyboard shortcut possibility
to display your OSD
Thank you !
[/Mode prayer on]

Foo_osd

Reply #12
By the way, here is my OSD code :
Code: [Select]
$if(%_ispaused%,ffffff|000000'[Pause] ')000000|00FFFF[%artist%]$char(10)
$if(%album%,00ffff|000000%album%) $if(%tracknumber%,#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)) $if(%album% && %tracknumber%,$char(10))
$if(%title%,000000|00FFFF%title%,%_filename%)$char(10)
$if(%_time_total%!=0,%_time_total% $progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%, %_time_total_seconds%, 20,$char(9835),$char(8226)) $muldiv(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,100,%_length_seconds%)'%'$char(10),%_length%$char(10))
[cfa923|4b2b10Next: %_next%]

The fact is that the progressbar doesn't progress at all. Do you see the same thing ? It is like the %_time_total% couldn't be read at the true beginning of the track...

Foo_osd

Reply #13
Here it is : http://kode54.foobar2000.org/
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377764"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

here there is only the 0.9 version and I'm looking for the old version for foobar 0.8.3

Foo_osd

Reply #15
thanks

Foo_osd

Reply #17
excuse my ignorancce but what is foo_osd ?
is it like pretty pop and toaster?

update

just tested it out, i like this better then pretty popup, its very simple and displays exactly what i want.

Foo_osd

Reply #18
Kind of - but much simpler. It displays a custom string on top of all windows. It stays there for a amount of time and then disappears again (no albumart or such stuff..)

Foo_osd

Reply #19
It is very simple, and so doesn't need any resource.

I miss an hotkey option...

Foo_osd

Reply #20
This feature has been requested several times and the developer will implement it when he feels like it.

No pointless thread bumping please.

(bumping posts have been split)
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Foo_osd

Reply #21
Should I use the 'display forever' setting, is there a way to hide the OSD (maybe with an escape or a mouse movement)?

A few feature requests:

- vertical and/or horizontal scrolling (and bouncing) according to available space
- ability to show graphics if there is a particular value into a tag
- auto showing after some time the keyboard and mouse are not used (screeensaver behaviour)
- ability to set a fixed dimension (in pixels) of the background

Thanks.

Foo_osd

Reply #22
I miss an hotkey option...

Another way to do this would be to wait a port of foo_qconfig.
It allows you to add commands in menu. When a command is in a menu, you can assign a shortcut to it. At least, that worked like this in 0.8.3... and this was pretty useful.

Foo_osd

Reply #23
Beside the shortcut keys, it seems that %_next% doesn't work either or am I miss something?

Foo_osd

Reply #24
Beside the shortcut keys, it seems that %_next% doesn't work either or am I miss something?

In "Default" playback order, it should work, but it will not work with the shuffle modes. At least it behaved like this in the 0.8 version.