Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why am I getting a "Sorry, you are not permitted to use this boar (Read 6509 times) previous topic - next topic

Why am I getting a "Sorry, you are not permitted to use this boar

I'm travelling overseas (outside USA) and I'm having some serious issues with HA.  I repeatedly get this error. 

The error returned was:
Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

A refresh (or 10) makes it go away but this is a complete nuisance when I'm trying to post or edit my messages.

What is going on?  I'm using Windows XP and I get the error in IE8, Firefox 3,and the latest version of Chrome.  I am in a country where I have to use a proxy that censors web sites/content.  Is this why this is happening?

Reply #1
Because someone from that proxy probably abused HA in some way (usually spam) and got banned. An admin just lifted some very old IP bans, so your situation may have improved.

Reply #2
Everything seems to be in working well now.  Thanks to the admin who deleted those bans.  I can't go without HA for too long