Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559613 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5375
Is there a way to remove the right-click menu's "Close panel" option? I'd like to lock my foobar2000 user interface from being changed by people who don't really know what they are doing. If my party guests want to change songs it happens very fast that they close a panel.

Columns UI

Reply #5376
Any chance of a "delay" function in the filter panels? As it is right now, start typing (without using "F3 search") anything starting with the letter A and it will start by showing the "All" item before it continues to register the rest of your typing. This causes a very notable delay and makes it more frustrating to use than it has to be. A short (perhaps customizable?) delay of a few 100 ms. before showing anything would be a very welcome addition in a future release

Columns UI

Reply #5377
Can anyone help me get this playlist look ?

I found it here: http://customize.org/foobar/skins/32178

and i cant figure out how to get it to work. its quite old as you can see, but im sure it is possible to get it to work with the current foobar..

thanks..

Columns UI

Reply #5378
Columns UI 0.3.7.4 0.3.7.6 released.
Large parts of colour code parsing & tab column rendering have been rewritten, so watch out for any issues in those areas. Due to changed text tenderer, there may be slightly higher CPU usage in some situations, as a result though this issue no longer exists. Some other changes in changelog.

Album list panel 0.3.5 released:
Bug fixes

Columns UI

Reply #5379
thanks for the new release

Columns UI

Reply #5380
0.3.7.6 now.. fixed a couple of bugs.

Columns UI

Reply #5381
Thank you.

Columns UI

Reply #5382
Thanks for the new version

Columns UI

Reply #5383
musicmusic, I noticed this minor issue with the new version (count column):

New CUI:

Old CUI:

The code (simplified) behind column is: [font= "Lucida Console"]%play_count%$tab()%play_count_sql%[/font]

Columns UI

Reply #5384
Thanks for the report, 0.3.7.7 should be OK/closer to the old behaviour.

Columns UI

Reply #5385
Thanks, it works OK and actually slightly better (1px more) then the old one in above example

Columns UI

Reply #5386
@musicmusic: Would be great if you could add customized action for left-click instead of default "Play"

Reason: Useful for partying to avoid playlist hijacking or when I'm in "edit"-mode while listening to music I often accidentially click a track.
Do you want it to do nothing in those situations?

It appears that my request was completely ignored so I want to at least show the reason for such thing.
Well no reply doesn't mean it was ignored, I am just more responsive to people reporting problems. I will keep your request in mind, but there are quite possibly things with higher priority.

Is there a way to remove the right-click menu's "Close panel" option? I'd like to lock my foobar2000 user interface from being changed by people who don't really know what they are doing. If my party guests want to change songs it happens very fast that they close a panel.
There isn't - no, I'll have a think about that since we have live editing now.

Any chance of a "delay" function in the filter panels? As it is right now, start typing (without using "F3 search") anything starting with the letter A and it will start by showing the "All" item before it continues to register the rest of your typing. This causes a very notable delay and makes it more frustrating to use than it has to be. A short (perhaps customizable?) delay of a few 100 ms. before showing anything would be a very welcome addition in a future release
How many tracks do you have in your library? Is the delay from creating the autosend playlist or updating the other filters? You can find out by trying with & without autosend enabled. Also if you have any selection viewers in your layout (e.g. Item properties), they can create a delay, please let me know if that is the cause as I'm interested to know what's causing the delay.

Can anyone help me get this playlist look ?

[a href="http://img155.imageshack.us/i/25103.jpg/" target="_blank"]
Yes I reevaluated the old behaviour and thought this made more sense

Columns UI

Reply #5387
Hi MM,

I just stepped up to 0.3.7.7 and for some strange reason $rgb() [reverts to default colors] has stopped working for me in the item details panel - seems to work okay elsewhere.  Could you have a look into it?  Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5388
Hi,
Thanks I believe I've found the problem you refer to. One more build won't hurt... try 0.3.7.8

Columns UI

Reply #5389
How many tracks do you have in your library? Is the delay from creating the autosend playlist or updating the other filters? You can find out by trying with & without autosend enabled. Also if you have any selection viewers in your layout (e.g. Item properties), they can create a delay, please let me know if that is the cause as I'm interested to know what's causing the delay.

Sorry, I really should have been more specific in my original post.
  • Library size: 30326 items / 287GB (308 452 926 298 bytes)
  • Selection viewers: None

CUI default panels/items:
  • Buttons x 1
  • Seekbar x 1
  • Menu x 1
  • Filter x 4

3rd party components:
  • foo_uie_biography (0.2.9.0) x 2
  • foo_uie_lyrics (0.3.3.9) x 1
  • foo_uie_playlists_dropdown (0.7.2) x 1
  • foo_uie_quicksearch (2.8l) x 1

I did some timing with a stopwatch to test the difference between having autosend enabled and disabled, and here's the result (did 3 rounds for each). The timings were done by initially placing the cursor on the first album artist starting with the letter B (because if already on A then the top "All" item will be skipped), then trying to type the first one starting with the letter A (times represents the time it takes to hit the "All" item and continue to the first "real" album artist).

With auto-send selection to playlist:
  • 3.9 sec.
  • 3.9 sec.
  • 3.8 sec.

Without auto-send selection to playlist:
  • 1.2 sec.
  • 1.3 sec.
  • 1.1 sec.

Hope this helps

Columns UI

Reply #5391
Hey there guys, kinda new to foobar2k, and only just installed Columns UI.

Just wondering, is it possible (I'm guessing it is), to change the grouping options for individual playlists? For example, I have my main playlist sorting by artist, but because it seems to be set globally through all of the playlists, any 'compilations' that have a lot of different artists contributing then look ugly and not streamlined enough. Any way I can solve this?

Example pics:

Main playlist, nice and tidy
Not sure how to change the colour of the toolbars etc though...

EDIT: Typos.

Columns UI

Reply #5392
Yay, buttons are state-sensitive (i.e. when option is enabled they look different) - many, many thanks for that!

Columns UI

Reply #5393
You can set groupings in Preferences > Columns UI > Playlist view > Grouping tab

Just wondering, is it possible (I'm guessing it is), to change the grouping options for individual playlists?

There is filter in drop down menu (when you double click grouping script) so you can have different grouping settings for different playlists (by playlist name)

I have my main playlist sorting by artist, but because it seems to be set globally through all of the playlists, any 'compilations' that have a lot of different artists contributing then look ugly and not streamlined enough. Any way I can solve this?

For compilations you can use album artist tag (try something like this for grouping: %album artist% / %album%)

Columns UI

Reply #5394
Cheers for such a quick reply 2E7AH!

Got it all working now, I just miss having an album show up on the compilation playlists, like I get for the grouped artists for my main playlist, but it's no biggie.

Quick pic of my new buttons!

EDIT: image artifacts lessens the quality somewhat, but you get the general idea.

Columns UI

Reply #5395
You'll manage album show up I guess, whatever you mean by that  but why is your toolbar so tall and buttons blurred?

Columns UI

Reply #5396
For some reason I decided to do the buttons 30x30 pixels in size. And about the blurry buttons, I can't seem to make the brush in Photoshop crisper  Turned up the brush hardness to 100%, but it's still quite soft on the edges.

Columns UI

Reply #5397
@musicmusic: Would be great if you could add customized action for left-click instead of default "Play"

Reason: Useful for partying to avoid playlist hijacking or when I'm in "edit"-mode while listening to music I often accidentially click a track.
Do you want it to do nothing in those situations?

It could be nothing or enqueue i.e.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #5398
Just wondering, is it possible (I'm guessing it is), to change the grouping options for individual playlists? For example, I have my main playlist sorting by artist, but because it seems to be set globally through all of the playlists, any 'compilations' that have a lot of different artists contributing then look ugly and not streamlined enough. Any way I can solve this?

Yes you can  Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Grouping - It's based on titleformatting, so you might take a look into the syntax if you are not familar with it.

Problem with your example pics, can be solved, if you set album artist on your compilation albums  F.ex. set it to "VA" or "Various Artists".
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #5399
$tab() does now work in group titles. Thank you very much, musicmusic. Alas the horizontal line disappears when $tab() is used. I guess I can't have everything though or is there something you can do?