Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar and ipod (Read 2115 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar and ipod

I want to have all my CD's backed up, and accessible via foobar. I'm still choosing what would be the best format to store them (FLAC, APE, or other).

With the component to stream (and reencode to mp3 on the fly) there is no reason to keep a lame mp3 copy just lying there, unlesse you have no other better source.

Is there a way to, from foobar, or from other softw, browse the foobar library and choose a bunch of stuff to reencode and send to the ipod? Well, of course there is, my question should be what is the best way of doing this?

I hate itunes interface and I just use it because I'm still not using foobar and still didn't start converting all my CD's(i.e. i'm just a lazy ba*tard). But my idea is to stop using that crap and center everything on foobar.
I just need an elegant way to sometimes reencode and send some albuns to my ipod, in a simple and easy way...

Can anyboy give me some hints or point me the right direction?

P.S. I googled iPod manager - http://yuo.be/ipod.php - seems to do just what I asked. Any others?