Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunes Won't Play LPCM 24bit Audio From DVD (Read 8721 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunes Won't Play LPCM 24bit Audio From DVD

I ripped the LPCM tracks from DMB Concert in Central Park using [TOS #9].  The WAV files play ok in WMV and Nero Showtime but will not play in QuickTime, Nero Media Player or iTunes.  I want to ultimately import into my iPod so having iTunes recognize them is critical.

I have put the files through LPCM24 and it doesn't help.

About 2 months ago I went through about 80 combinations of settings between DVD Decrypter, Besweet, LPCM24 and some other programs that I thought would help but I had no luck.

Is there something special about this particular DVD that makes it impossible to play in iTunes?

Any help is appreciated.

Happy Christmahannukwaanzika!

Snash

Reply #1
It's possible that itunes simply does not support 24bits wav files. Many players are simply not written to handle those files. You could try a lossless compression such as flac, wavpack or alac (not sure which are supported by itunes, alac ofcource is) and if you're lucky they have a full implementation of that.

Reply #2
If you want to maintain the quality of the audio and yet play it in Itunes, convert it to floating point 32bit audio. Itunes and Ipods will play floating point (32) audio but not 24bit audio.

Reply #3
I ripped the LPCM tracks from DMB Concert in Central Park using DVD Decrypter.  The WAV files play ok in WMV and Nero Showtime but will not play in QuickTime, Nero Media Player or iTunes.  I want to ultimately import into my iPod so having iTunes recognize them is critical.

I have put the files through LPCM24 and it doesn't help.

About 2 months ago I went through about 80 combinations of settings between DVD Decrypter, Besweet, LPCM24 and some other programs that I thought would help but I had no luck.

Is there something special about this particular DVD that makes it impossible to play in iTunes?

Any help is appreciated.

Happy Christmahannukwaanzika!

Snash

iTunes supports 24/96 with most PCI cards and USB interfaces.  There may be something peculiar with your PCM file, particularly since it came from a DVD.

Make sure that you set 24/96 in the Midi options under Utilities.

Steve N.