Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fixing Film Left channel audio on 2 channel film audio using sound for (Read 3364 times) previous topic - next topic

Fixing Film Left channel audio on 2 channel film audio using sound for

Experienced Sound Forge Users,

I am a filmmaker with limited knowledge of audio production or clean up. I recently filmed several live performances using a canon XL-s1 and when going though and capturing the footage. I had noticed that the audio on the left channel was near completely not there. I would like to salvage the left channel if possible. The added problem in areas of the audio on some sets it spikes to normal levels. So I would like to equalize the audio on that channel and then boost the output to equal the right channel. I have been informed that izotop plug-in by ozone will help but I would need to compress the channel first. Or is there a more simple process/solution to save the channel? Is this possible or am I going to have to make the audio mono. Please serious replies from experienced sound forge users or filmmakers who have encountered the same issue. Keep in mind I am new to Sound Forge and started to use it because many filmmakers say that is great for audio for film.

Douglas Alford

Fixing Film Left channel audio on 2 channel film audio using sound for

Reply #1
short sample (30s) that illustrates the problem (including the spike) would be appropriate.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung