Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Radio Stream Audio Dropouts (Read 608 times) previous topic - next topic

Radio Stream Audio Dropouts

I always have foobar2000 set to show balloon tooltips on song change, and to minimize to the system tray. I always listen to The Current from Minnesota Public Radio, which is an mp3 128kbps radio stream. Until Ffmpeg became the mp3 decoder there were always small audible dropouts when the tooltip popped up. Has not happened on any other radio station stream. All was good until 1.2.2. Just installed 1.2.3 Beta 2, and the dropous are now back. I installed 1.2.3 on another computer with no additonal components, and it happens there also. Both computers are running Windows XP sp3. Nothing changed except switching versions. Is there a reason this might be happening? Thanks.