Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What MP3 album/track info tagger? (Read 2513 times) previous topic - next topic

What MP3 album/track info tagger?

What tagger would you recommend to complete the tags to individual MP3s and complete albums?

I have tried Windows Media Player (Hopeless), and Musicmatch (Useable), but I would hope there is something better out there.

Any opinions would be gratefully recieved.

Reply #2
I have tried Windows Media Player (Hopeless)[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Huh? I've been using WMP to tag files using the allmusic database for the past 2 years at least. It will completely tag your files, including even information on the track's composer, add album art, automatically rename and folderize according to your specifications. And it's VERY easy. The Advanced Tag Editor feature even allows you to add text and images to the file  itself so that they are displayed during playback. It boggles me how many people overlook the player that's installed right there on their machines. There's a difference between bias and actual fair appraisal. Whether or not you like MS, Windows Media Player 10 is a damn good music library manager, and the fact that it also manages video and pictures blows everything else away. Here's a very nicely written guide on how to tag and MUCH more using WMP 10:
[a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto.aspx]here[/url]
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #3
I use foobar2000 and mp3tag.
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #4
Don't forget WinAmp.