Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Donation link and some other things... (Read 8112 times) previous topic - next topic

Donation link and some other things...

Some people have been asking how they can donate to HA for awhile, especially since after having upgraded the forum software to version 2.0 PR1 I have been discouraging people from using the subscription service.  Well, now I just added a donation link, so those who wanted to contribute before can do so now.

Due to the fact that the subscription service itself has generally been ineffective, I have decided to simply discontinue it.  People who have subscribed already will of course still have the skinset without the google ads though.  Additionally, people who choose to donate now will also be moved over to the skinset without the google ads as well, unless of course they don't mind them  Simply include your member name in the donations comment and I'll take care of things as soon as I see it.

In other news, I'm going to try and get the forum software updated to 2.0 final sometime this weekend, so expect an hour or so of downtime around then.  As usual, once the update is completed, there may be a few kinks to iron out too, so be sure to say so if something isn't quite working the way that it should.

Reply #1
Thanks Dibrom.  I just donated, but I didn't see any donations comments box, so there was nowhere to put my member name.  Not that it matters much: I don't really mind the google ads anyway.

Reply #2
Yeah, I just realized that there isn't a comment box after a few other people told me.  I'll have to see if I can add one.  In the meantime, just send me a pm if you've donated and I'll take care of it that way.

Reply #3
[deleted]

Reply #4
Some people have been asking how they can donate to HA for awhile, especially since after having upgraded the forum software to version 2.0 PR1 I have been discouraging people from using the subscription service.  Well, now I just added a donation link, so those who wanted to contribute before can do so now.

I'm not seeing the donations link... where can I find it?