Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac and Cue/Cover on separate Partitions: possible? (Read 1738 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac and Cue/Cover on separate Partitions: possible?

Hi,

since the ELPlaylist has considerable lag (especially with many items) and I'm running foobar from a ramdisk anyway,
I'm looking for a way to separate cue-sheets and albumart from the audio files and place them on the ramdisk.

However, foobar doesn't seem to recognise absolute paths in cue-sheets.
Is there any way to skip directories and partitions in a relative path that foobar would recognise?

Also, I couldn't find a way to specify the albumart-location in a cue-sheet, is there any way to do that?

If I could get this to work, the media library would only consist of cue-sheet (including all (custom-)tags and cover-art-locations) on a ramdisk and with all the cover-art on the ramdisk as well the lag should disappear.
Ideally this would also work with network-storage, that way I could duplicate this setup on my Laptop (via WLAN the lag is much worse).

but enough of my babbling, is there any way to get this to work?

Jan

Reply #1
The first problem seems to be fixed, thanks to this little prog

Still can't find a cue-command for cover-art-location though...

Also: I expected foobar to recognise all the custom tags in the cue-file (via REM comments) that it recognises, when read from the FLAC files...apparently not 
Is there a list of cue commands that foobar DOES recognise anywhere?

Reply #2
foo_input_std.dll has the following text inside:
Code: [Select]
CATALOG
ISRC
SONGWRITER
PERFORMER
TITLE
TRACK

REM GENRE
REM DATE
REM DISCID
REM COMMENT
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK

Reply #3
I’ve traditionally advocated that, since it supports RG values and EAC’s additional fields in REM lines, foobar2000 may as well support any custom field there; however, I don’t recall receiving much in the way of an official response.

I recall some users replying that it’s technically non-standard usage, but (1) REM statements can say anything, that being their entire purpose; and (2) some are supported already, so that rationale is moot.